Hello Trainers, Niantic has just announced a limited research day featuring Marill! On Sunday, May 9, 2021, from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. local time, you can complete an event-exclusive Timed Research that will lead to encounters with Marill.
There will also be event-exclusive Field Research tasks that lead to encounters with Marill. If you’re lucky, you might even encounter a Shiny Marill!
Date and Time
Sunday, May 9, 2021, from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. local time
- Timed Research that will lead to encounters with Marill
- Field Research tasks will reward you with encounters with Marill.
- You may encounter a Shiny Marill!
Expected Field Research Tasks
Some of the tasks you can expect based on past events.
- Earn 1 Candy Walking Your Buddy
- Hatch 1 Egg
- Make 15 Nice Throws
- Make 10 Great Throws
- Catch 5 Fairy types
- Catch 5 Water types
Tips and Tricks
- Professor Willow’s Research for this event is Timed research, so it will need to be completed before the event concludes. So start as early as you can!
- Each PokeStop will give out a Limited Marill Field Research task during the event.
- Any field research tasks you pick up from Pokéstops can be completed at any time, even after the event is over so make sure you pick up right at the end.
- You can’t revisit the same PokeStop to get more of the same task.
- Shiny Marill is not guaranteed, so visit more PokeStops to increase your chances.