Pokemon GO was silently updated today to version number 0.75.0 on Android, first appearing in German Play Stores. Although there are no ground breaking additions in this update, we’ve found several interesting things.
A lot of bug fixes
We cant even begin to list everything that was changed/fixed in this update, there is a lot of changes left and right. Most of the changes are directed towards Raids, the caching issues and parsing the network traffic.
We’ve observed a lot of improvements in Gym related actions, but can’t confirm if it’s due to the update or us clearing the cache.
Two new, date specific, versions of Safari Zone Badges added
It seems that the Safari Zone events in October will be slightly different from the Safari Zone event happening on September 16th, as both events have specific badge enumerations assigned to them. No badge images to share yet.
.BADGE_SAFARI_ZONE_EUROPE_2017 .BADGE_SAFARI_ZONE_EUROPE_2017_10_07 .BADGE_SAFARI_ZONE_EUROPE_2017_10_14
Filtering by Defending and Legendary Pokemon added
It’s now possible to filter Pokemon by Defending and Legendary Pokemon by using the following keywords:
- “defender” – shows only defending Pokemon
- “legendary” – shows only legendary Pokemon
Use both keywords without quotation marks.
Filter by legendary/defender finally works! pic.twitter.com/D15kvwq62d
— Pokémon GO Hub (@PokemonGOHubNet) September 12, 2017
New Niantic Loading screen added
A slightly different loading screen is now used for Niantic and The Pokemon Company while the app is starting up. Nothing major, but a nice change after almost 12 months.
Official patch notes (translated from German store)
- Items received from spinning Gym PokéStops and completing Raid Battles are now displayed in the Journal.
- Improved Pokemon Collection screen search functionality by allowing Trainers to search using “defender” and “legendary”.
- Resolved a bug which caused Pikachu hats to disappear from the in-game model and icon.
- Resolved a bug which caused some icons to disappear when scrolling through the Pokédex.
- Various bug fixes and performance updates