Trainers, in addition to the whole new in-game Ticket Registration for Live Events announced yesterday, Niantic just gave out more details about Pokémon Go Fest Chicago Ticketing on the official Niantic Support website. Pokémon GO Fest in Chicago is a 4-day Event taking place in Grant Park, Chicago, starting from Thursday, June 13th through Sunday, June 16th.
Pokémon GO Fest Chicago Ticketing
About Event Tickets
There will be 2 types of tickets available for purchase:
- General Tickets (event access from 11am-7pm) – $25
- Early Access Tickets (event access from 9am-7pm) – $35
Your ticket is linked to your Pokémon GO account and attendance is restricted to one specific date per Trainer!
Every ticket is bound to a specific entrance gate (North/South). You must check in at the entrance gate mentioned on your ticket.
In Game Ticket Registration
- For the first time ever, Trainers need to enter a drawing to purchase tickets for Live Events via a brand-new ‘Events’ icon in the Pokémon GO menu.
- The Ticket drawing period for Pokémon GO Fest Chicago will open on April 22nd, and close on April 24th at 7am PT.
- Trainers need to provide a contact email address which will be used to inform you whether or not you were selected to purchase tickets.
- To purchase tickets for Child accounts, parents or guardians need to enter the drawing and reserve a ticket for the Child accounts. The email associated with the parent/guardian’s Pokémon GO account must match the parent/guardian’s email address on file with Niantic Kids/Pokémon Trainer Club.
- THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS!
How to Enter the Drawing
- Open the Pokémon GO App.
- Open the Pokémon GO Main Menu (tap the Pokéball icon at the bottom of your screen).
- On the right side, tap the new ‘Events’ icon.
- The next page will list all upcoming live events.
- Touch the event you want to attend to enter the drawing process (labeled with ‘Enter Drawing.’
- Confirm your email address and tap ‘Enter Drawing.’
- You will not receive a confirmation email upon entering the drawing.
Receiving a Ticket
- Winners will be selected on a rolling basis until all tickets are sold.
- Check the in-app “Events” page regularly during this period to find out whether you were selected!
- If you are selected, you will receive purchase instructions via the contact email you provided.
- You will have up to 48 hours from when you are selected to complete your purchase. Please note that the deadline included in this email is in GMT.
- Winners will be able to purchase up to 4 tickets for themselves and/or their friends (must be Great Friends or higher). Make sure to spell the Trainer Nicknames correctly!
Trainers Without Tickets
Trainers who did not manage to purchase tickets can still enjoy featured Pokémon all around the world. Stay tuned, as Niantic will probably provide more information in the coming weeks/months.
This new Ticket Registration will also be used for Pokémon GO Fest in Dortmund and Pokémon GO Fest in APAC. More information about these events should be shared in the near future.