With the recent announcement from Niantic regarding Generation 4, which includes a plethora of changes related to spawns, CP, battle system, etc.; the Hub is looking for additional writers to join our ranks! There will be several items to update and write anew, so if you’re interested in joining our team, see below for instructions on how to apply.
To apply, submit a “rewrite” of any of our wikis which can you all find right here! Your submission should provide a clearer and improved written and visual explanation of the mechanics explained in the wiki you selected.
Submit your articles to this e-mail address: [email protected]. You can submit your articles as Google docs, text files or Word documents. The naming convention should be [discordtag] – GO Hub Writer Application 2018.
Applications will be closing within 5 days (this Sunday, October 14th, 2018).
Stuff you should know / could be interesting to you:
- Hub writers are paid for their work. It’s not much and you cannot think of it as a job, but it will be enough for your monthly Lucky Egg, Special Incubator, and Raid Pass stash.
- We insist on paying our staff for their work and time. There are also some volunteer staff positions if you’re interested in them and the possibility of writing about other games via our other platform: Metahub.
- As a writer you get access to the hidden administration behind the Hub. You also get Press Passes for events where we’re invited and access to a whole plethora of contacts, tools and interesting people.
- We’re recruiting mainly to cover Generation IV and to grow the Hub family even more.
- You’re expected to write a minimum of 4 articles per month (roughly 1 per week, but not strictly).
- By becoming a writer for the Hub, you are expected to represent the Hub and its other platforms (Metahub and Wizards Unite Hub) with respect and dignity at all times.
Frequently asked questions
- Minimum age? There’s no strict rule about this, but 16+ is preferred.
- Why now? As indicated above, we estimate that a lot of changes will soon occur, which will require the updating of many of our articles. Writers play a key role in the process!
- Is Discord account a must? Yes, it is. We use it to coordinate, chat and work together. Plus, you get to join the Hub family, which trust me is a lot of fun!
P.S. An added bonus: there could be free swag for staff members in the months to come… but we cannot overpromise, as we run into some issues the last time we promised that.