Pokémon GO Plus + has been unveiled! Pokémon GO Plus + is a new device that can connect to Pokémon GO and Pokémon Sleep, allowing for an easy way to play both games without interacting with your smartphone.
Pokémon GO Plus + is on sale in America starting July 14, 2023, and in Europe starting July 21, 2023.
How does the Pokémon GO Plus + look like?
Pokémon GO Plus + is shaped as a hockey puck PokéBall, with the iconic red and white colouring on top, and a large “Main Button” button that you use to interact with the device. There is actually another button hidden on the top side called “Top Button”.
The device weights approximately 50 grams, and is 6.5 cm (2.55 in) wide and 1.8 cm (0.72 in) thick. A relatively large device compared to the original Pokémon GO Plus device!
What can I do with a Pokémon GO Plus +?
Like the Pokémon GO Plus or Poké Ball Plus devices, Pokémon GO Plus + can be paired with Pokémon GO for an easy way to play the game without having to continuously check your smart device screen.
Auto catching Pokémon and auto spinning PokéStops
You can configure what type of Poké Balls the GO Plus + will use to catch Pokémon. You can do more than just automatically spin PokéStops and throw Poké Balls—you can now use Great Balls and Ultra Balls too!
Your Pokémon GO Plus + vibrates when you approach things like PokéStops and Pokémon Gyms. Press the main button in the center of your Pokémon GO Plus + to try to catch Pokémon using the Poké Ball variety you selected.
You can configure both behaviours in the main Pokémon GO app. Maybe you just want the auto catch functionality, or the auto spin functionality. The choice is yours.
Tracking sleep data
Pokémon GO Plus + can help you track your sleep as well, but it needs to be placed on your mattress near your pillow. You can use your sleep data when you play Pokémon GO or Pokémon Sleep, but it is not clear yet how the data is used in Pokémon GO.
In order to track your sleep, place the device next to your pillow, and press and hold the main button for a moment. Once the main button glows blue and the device vibrates lightly, the tracking has begun. If anything is wrong, the main button will glow red. The Pokémon GO Plus + device has to lie flat in order to track your sleep.
When you wake up, you need to press and hold the main button again to stop tracking sleep. You will hear Pikachu sing a little song and the device will rotate colours on the main button to indicate that your sleep tracking is complete.
If the length of the sleep recording is 90 minutes or less, it will not be considered valid for sleep tracking, and you will see the main button glow red.
Bonuses for connecting with Pokémon GO and Pokémon Sleep
If you connect your Pokémon GO Plus + device to your Pokémon Sleep app, a special Pikachu wearing a nightcap will appear in the game to help you raise Snorlax.
If you pair your Pokémon GO Plus + to your Pokémon GO game, you’ll be able to take on Special Research and earn an encounter with Snorlax wearing a nightcap within that game. You can receive this Special Research request by tapping the Professor Willow icon on the bottom right of the screen in Map view. Complete the research to earn an encounter with Snorlax wearing a nightcap!
Pokémon GO Plus + Manual
|Name||Pokémon GO Plus +|
|On Sale||America: July 14, 2023 / Europe: July 21, 2023|
|Package Contents||Pokémon GO Plus + device, Pokémon GO Plus + strap with clip, USB charging cable, operations manual|
|Device Size||Diameter: approximately 64.5mm (excluding protrusions)
Thickness: approximately 18.3mm (excluding protrusions)
|Device Weight||Approximately 50g|
|Internal Battery||Lithium-ion battery*
*Charges via USB Type-C™ port
|Battery Charging Time||Approximately 3 hours and 30 minutes|
|Platform/OS||Android 7 and up
iOS 14 and up
Note: iPhone 7 or newer devices
- Pokémon GO Plus + cannot be used with consoles in the Nintendo Switch™ family.
- Pokémon GO Plus + cannot be used on its own.
- This accessory requires a device (using Android or iOS) with the Pokémon GO and/or Pokémon Sleep applications installed.
*Pokémon Sleep will release in Summer 2023.
For exact launch timing, visit: Pokemon.com/us/app/pokemon-sleep.
- Before purchasing a Pokémon GO Plus +, make sure to check the system requirements of this device as well as those of the applications it works with.
- Pokémon GO Plus + is not guaranteed to work with all smart devices.
- Certain smart devices may not work with Pokémon GO Plus + even if they meet minimum system requirements.
- If the performance of your Pokémon GO Plus + seems unstable, it may improve if you update the OS on your smart device.
- Please do not use Pokémon GO Plus + while operating a vehicle (e.g., car, bicycle, etc.).
- You can also track your sleep for Pokémon Sleep using your smart device.
- Pokémon GO Plus + is covered by Nintendo’s Limited Warranty. For warranty information including how to contact Nintendo regarding a warranty claim, visit Nintendo’s support site here.