Nintendo released a new patch for Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet, version number 1.3.0. The update was released on Wednesday, April 19, for the Nintendo Switch exclusive software titles Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet.
The full patch notes have been shared on the Nintendo Support website, but the key highlight are as follows:
- Trainers who caught an Egg instead of Walking Wake or Iron Leaves in Tera Raid Battles before updating to version 1.2.0 of Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet can now catch these Pokémon.
- Entries for Friendly Competitions are now allowed until the competition ends instead of until it begins.
- Link Battles have had several bugs fixed, including issues with swapping in Pokémon, displaying remaining battle time, and selecting the next Pokémon after one faints.
- Various bugs in battles have been fixed, including those related to the Cud Chew Ability, Zoroark’s Illusion Ability, and moves that cause stat changes in Double Battles.
- Connectivity issues with Pokémon GO have been resolved.
- A bug affecting Trainers who received Hisuian Zoroark from the Mystery Gift screen has been fixed, and other select bug fixes have been implemented.
Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet 1.3.0 patch notes
Support for Trainers Who Caught an Egg Instead of Walking Wake or Iron Leaves in Tera Raid Battles
Trainers who caught an Egg instead of Walking Wake or Iron Leaves in a Tera Raid Battle before updating to version 1.2.0 of Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet were affected by a bug that prevented them from catching either of these Pokémon.
This bug has been fixed, and Trainers who caught such Eggs instead of Walking Wake and Iron Leaves will now be able to catch these Pokémon.
In addition, the Tera Raid Battle events for these two Pokémon will return around the same time as this game update. Visit this page for details on the Tera Raid Battle events.
A change has been made to the deadline for entries for Friendly Competitions, which are found in the Online Competitions section of the Battle Stadium.
- Before this change: Entries were allowed until the Friendly Competition began.
- After this change: Entries will be allowed until the Friendly Competition ends.
- Fixed a bug in Link Battles where selecting Swap in just before the selection timer reached zero could fail to switch in the selected Pokémon and subsequently cause switching — and the battle itself — to act abnormally.
- Fixed a bug in Link Battles where once the remaining time for the battle was under one minute, it would no longer be displayed where it was supposed to.
- Fixed a bug that occurred in Link Battles where, depending on the move being used at the time a Pokémon fainted, the amount of time a Trainer received to select their next Pokémon was reduced.
- Fixed a bug where the Cud Chew Ability would trigger again once every two turns after it triggered the first time, contrary to what is written in the Ability description.
- Fixed a bug that occurred when Zoroark Terastallized while using its Illusion Ability to disguise itself as another Pokémon. On the Check Status screen, the Terastallized Zoroark’s type would display as the original type of the Pokémon it had disguised itself as, rather than Zoroark’s Tera Type.
- Fixed a bug that occurred when Zoroark used its Illusion Ability to disguise itself as another Pokémon that had already Terastallized. This bug caused Zoroark’s type on the Check Status screen to incorrectly display as the Tera Type of the Pokémon Zoroark had disguised itself as.
- Fixed a bug in Double Battles with moves that cause stat changes for the Pokémon using the moves. This bug caused the stat changes to incorrectly happen twice if the user hit two opposing Pokémon with the move while an opposing Pokémon was behind a Substitute.
Pokémon GO Connectivity
- Fixed the main issue causing the game to crash on the screen used to pair with a Pokémon GO account.
- Fixed a bug affecting Trainers who received Hisuian Zoroark from the Mystery Gift screen as a special early-purchase bonus for The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero for Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet without first having seen Zoroark in their game. This bug caused Zoroark to be incorrectly displayed as registered in these Trainers’ Pokédexes.
- Other select bug fixes have been implemented.