A new Pokémon Presents broadcast has just concluded, shedding light on what to expect from two new upcoming Pokémon games: Pokémon Legends: Arceus and Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl remakes.
New information for Pokémon Legends: Arceus
A new Hisui Region trailer has been shared:
- Hisui is the region the game takes place in, with Mt Coronet at its center. It’s what will eventually become the Sinnoh region!
- The player is also shown riding a Basculegion and Braviary across the oceans/skies
- The player character receives damage from Pokémon attacks and can cause them to blackout while on a survey mission
- Image of old Sinnoh, also known as the Hisui Region, has been shared:
The flow of battle in Pokémon Legends: Arceus works differently than in prior games in the Pokémon series.
In past games, battles have proceeded one turn at a time, with each participating Pokémon typically taking one action per turn. In Pokémon Legends: Arceus, Pokémon’s stats and other factors determine how many actions each Pokémon gets to take and in what order.
This can create situations where one Pokémon might get to take multiple turns in a row. You could heal your Pokémon immediately after dishing out an attack or throw yourself all-in with a no-holds-barred flurry of attacks.
The Pokémon battles are changing with different styles and an Action Order: Strong Style and Agile Style:
- Using a move in the Agile Style raises the user’s action speed, which may make the user’s next turn come sooner, but lowers the move’s power.
- Using a move in the Strong Style raises the move’s power but your Pokemon’s action speed will be lowered.
New Pokémon and forms
A handful of new forms have been shared as well. Here are their brief descriptions with hints to their typings:
- Wyrdeer: Evolves from Stantler that have become adapted to the cold conditions!
- Basculegion: Evolves from Basculin, fueled by the souls of those in its shoal who perished in its journey upstream.
- Braviary: Comes to Hisui in the Winter, and can imbue its screeches with Psychic power to form shockwaves!
- Growlithe: Works with a partner and is quite wary, likes to protect his territory. His horn is made of rock, but breaks easily!
- A new form for Growlithe (Husian Growlithe) has been shown for Pokémon Legends Arceus. Hisuian Growlithe is a Fire/Rock Pokémon
- A new form for Basculin has been shown for Pokémon Legends Arceus (Basculeigon). Basculegion is a Water/Ghost Pokémon
- A new form for Braviary (Hisuain Braviary) has been shown for Pokémon Legends Arceus. Hisuian Braviary is a Psychic/Flying Pokémon
- New Pokemon Revealed. This new Pokémon is called Wyrdeer. Wydeer is a Normal/Psychic-type Pokémon.
- A special outfit will be given when you pre-order Pokémon Legends: Arceus in certain retailers such as Amazon Japan.
- If you purchase Pokémon Legends: Arceus on the Nintendo eShop before May 9th 2022, you will receive a Serial Code for 30 Heavy Balls
- Official Website with Updated Information
- Overview of the new gameplay and a few screenshots:
— Serebii.net (@SerebiiNet) August 18, 2021