We know that there is so much happening in Pokemon GO right now and that it feels a bit overwhelming, so we decided to do a good ol’ summary post that brings you up to speed in a matter of minutes.
Grab a cup of coffee and read through this – it’s the only guide you need right now.
Info graphic summary
Stuff that’s new
- Meltan special research quest line has started, you can check all of the stages here: Pokemon GO Meltan Quest: how to get a Meltan via Special Research
- Magnemite can now be shiny, which means Magneton can be shiny, which means you can get a shiny Magenzone on day one once it’s finally released:
There are new field research quests that feature Pokemon from the Kanto region. These quests are available from November 16 until November 27th:
- Let’s Go: Evolve 2 Anorith (BELUGA_EVOLVE_PKMN) => Scyther
- Let’s Go: Hatch 2 Eggs (BELUGA_HATCH_PLURAL) => Aerodactyl
- Let’s Go: Make an excellent throw (BELUGA_EXCELLENT_SINGULAR): Pidgey (Ditto)
- ⚠️ You will need this one for Stage 3 of the Meltan quest line! Don’t catch it immediately, save it for that quest stage
There are also new Steel and Electric themed raid bosses that can be used to complete Stage 4 of Meltan quest line easily (bold = new):
- T1: Mareep, Shinx, Buizel, Magnemite,
- T2: Lanturn, Manectric, Mawile, Electabuzz
- T3: Skarmory, Scyther, Alolan Raichu, Jolteon
- T4: Alolan Exeggutor, Absol, Aggron, Alolan Marowak
- T5: Giratina
These raid bosses will disappear on November 23rd, when Eevee themed bosses will appear. There are also two new free hats in the Styles department, featuring Eevee and Pikachu!
Stuff that used to be new but is no longer new
- An early event bug prevented Meltan quest dialog from appearing, instead showing the code we presented above. That’s now fixed. There’s a whole text dump on our Meltan quest guide.
- An early event bug prevented spawns from appearing. That’s now fixed as well.