Regirock is a level 5 Legendary Raid boss in Pokémon GO, with 41777 Raid Boss CP, a pure Rock typing and interesting moves. Due to it’s single type, it is very easy to pick Regirock counters. This page describes best Regirock raid counters, fight and moves overview and Regirock’s raid CP chart
Regirock´s max capture combat power is as follows:
- 1764 CP (no weather boost, level 20, 100% IV)
- 2205 CP (Partly Cloudy weather, level 25, 100% IV)
In this guide, you will learn which counters are best suited against the Legendary Pokémon, Regirock. To take down Regirock you need a minimum of 4 players, but our recommendation is to go with around 5-7 trainers.
Regirock raid counters
Regirock raid counters encompass a wide variety of Pokemon that deal SE damage to it. Best Pokémon to use against Regirock counters are strong Fighting types as they take reduced / neutral and deal SE damage. Be careful when fighting a Zap Cannon Regirock.
Important note: do not use Gyarados against Regirock as it takes double super effective damage from Zap Cannon and super effective damage from all Rock moves.
Our choice of Fighting counters is not surprising as Regirock has access to the following moves:
- Rock Throw Rock
- Rock Smash Fighting
- Stone Edge Rock (1 bar, charged)
- Focus Blast Fighting (1 bar, charged)
- Zap Cannon Electric (1 bar, charged)
Fighting type Pokémon take reduced damage from Rock attack, making them the best overall Regirock counter choices. If possible, always fill your front line with Machamps, Hariyamas, Brelooms and even Heracross.
Kyogre and Vaporeon, despite taking SE damage from Zap Cannon, are bulky enough to deal a considerable amount of damage.
In the Ground and Grass department, we’d recommend Groudon with Solar Beam and Exeggutor, while Rhydon is a budget version of Groudon (yes, you can finally use your 100% IV Surf Rhydon here!).
Additional Regirock Counters
- Mewtwo with any Fast move/Focus Blast Fighting
- Sceptile with any Fast move/Leaf Blade Grass
- Venusaur with any Fast move/Solar Beam Grass
- Dragonite with Steel Wing Steel /Outrage Dragon
Weather Effects on Regirock counters
Modifications for the counters above:
- In Rainy weather Kyogre is the best all around Regirock counter, but not if Regirock has Zap Cannon (Rainy boosts electric also)
- Groudon shines in Sunny weather, as Mud Shot and Solar Beam are both boosted. Grass Pokémon with Solar Beam also rise in efficiency, but they’re still not as good as Fighting types
Regirock Raid IV and CP chart
- Take advantage of Fighting types when battling against Regirock in Cloudy weather
- To catch a weather boosted Regirock, raid during Partly Cloudy weather
- A level 20, 100% IV Regirock will be 1764 CP, and weather boosted will be 2205 CP
- Avoid using Pokémon that will take super effective damage, unless if they have a high CP and DPS value