Poliwrath is a Tier 4 Raid Boss in Pokemon GO, with Boss CP of 24247 and Max Capture CP of 1395 (Level 20, perfect IV score). This page details best Poliwrath Raid Counters and how to counter Poliwrath effectively.
Poliwrath is not soloable and it is required to have at least 2-3 Trainers in order to take it down. Poliwrath is a water fighting type with a lot of weaknesses: electric, psychic, grass, fairy and moves. Poliwrath has no double weaknesses.
Poliwrath Raid Counters
|Weakness electric, psychic, grass, fairy and|
Poliwrath counters generally fall in two categories / brackets, depending on the moveset that Poliwrath has:
- A fighting moveset Poliwrath is countered by Psychic Pokemon
- A water moveset Poliwrath is countered by Electric/Grass Pokemon
Mixed movesets are more or less easily countered by all of the Pokemon mentioned above, but this duality of possible movesets makes it super interesting to raid against Poliwrath. A good rule of thumb is to bring a mix of the above mentioned attackers and prioritize the appropriate ones. This is a great opportunity to give your Zapdos and Raikou some play time. Be vary of Ice Punch Poliwrath when using Grass counters.
Poliwrath has access to following moves:
- Rock Smash fighting (quick)
- Bubble water (quick)
- Hydro Pump water (charged, one bar)
- Dynamic Punch fighting (charged, two bar)
- Ice Punch ice (charged, three bar)
Additional Poliwrath Counters
Poliwrath can be countered with several weaker options and we believe this will often be the case. For this section of the guide, we are including some controversial and unusual raiding choices. Please, use this in larger groups (4+), don’t let your team wipe.
Without further ado:
- Lugia with Extrasensory / Sky Attack
- Jynx with Confusion / Psyshock
- Electabuzz with Thunder Shock / Thunderbolt
- Magneton with Thunder Shock / Discharge
- Donphan with Counter / Play Rough
- Granbull with Snarl / Play Rough