Bidoof Breakout is a special in-game event that takes place from Friday, June 25, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Thursday, July 1, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time. During the event, the Pokémon GO world will be overwhelmed by Bidoof who display a wide variety of weird behaviour. Learn more about the event in GO Hub’s Bidoof Breakout event guide.
After being teased with an event involving being able to ‘sink [our] two front teeth’ into it, we can now reveal it is a special Bidoof Breakout Event! The meme, the legend, the icon, Bidoof is getting their very own event.
Bidoof are coming. We have no idea where they’re coming from or what their aim is, but during the Bidoof Breakout event starting Friday, June 25, 2021, Bidoof will be appearing more often in the wild, they might know attacks they can’t normally learn, and Shiny Bidoof will be making its Pokémon GO debut! How many Bidoof will you catch? When will it end? Read on for more details. Good luck—you’re going to need it.’
Date + Time
Friday, June 25, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Thursday, July 1, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time
Bidoof will be appearing more often in the wild, in raids, and in encounters throughout the event.
If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Bidoof! Bidoof will be appearing in the wild more often over the course of the event.
- Release of shiny Bidoof and shadow Bidoof
- Evolve Bidoof to get Bibarel that knows Hyper Beam
- Bidoof stickers from PokéStops and gifts
Shiny Bidoof and shiny Bibarel are depicted below:
|Shiny Bidoof||Shiny Bibarel|
On certain days of the event, Bidoof you encounter will know attacks that they normally cannot learn.
On Thursday, July 1, 2021, from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. local time, you can use a Charged TM to teach Bidoof any of these attacks. After the event, you can use an Elite Charged TM to do the same.
During each of the times listed below, you can encounter Bidoof that know the following attacks:
- Shadow Ball: From Friday, June 25, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Saturday, June 26, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. local time
- Thunderbolt: From Sunday, June 27, 2021, at 12:00 a.m. to Monday, June 28, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. local time
- Ice Beam: From Tuesday, June 29, 2021, at 12:00 a.m. to Wednesday, June 30, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. local time
- Evolve Bidoof anytime during the event to get a Bibarel that knows Hyper Beam. Bibarel is often a spice pick in PvP, and it was a popular choice during the Silph Arena’s Ferocious Cup.
Team GO Rocket
Team GO Rocket has plans to cash in on the Bidoof Breakout and have turned more Bidoof into Shadow Pokémon, so get out there and save those Bidoof!
Special Research Story
Complete a free event-exclusive Special Research story for special rewards! Complete the research to receive an exclusive Bidoof Hat avatar item.
|Catch a Bidoof||Bidoof (s)|
|Catch 3 Bidoof||Bidoof (s)|
|Catch 5 Bidoof||10 Poké Balls|
Take a snapshot during the event for a surprise!
You’ll be able to get Bidoof Gift stickers from spinning PokéStops and opening Gifts.
On certain days throughout the week, different in-game bonuses will be available!
- 2× Catch XP: From Friday, June 25, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Saturday, June 26, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. local time
- 3× Catch XP: From Sunday, June 27, 2021, at 12:00 a.m. to Monday, June 28, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. local time
- 4× Catch XP: From Tuesday, June 29, 2021, at 12:00 a.m. to Wednesday, June 30, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. local time
More Information to Come
Keep an eye out for more details on what’s to come Bidoof-wise on Monday, June 28, 2021! ‘Ready or not, the Bidoof are coming. It’s an inevitable fact—an indomitable truth, even—and we must prepare. Let’s GO!’