Eevee Community Day is back for August 2021, taking place on August 14 and 15 2021, and brings with it a host of new exclusive attacks for the Eeveelutions. Getting a sense of deja vu? We are too! Let’s dive in.
Date & Time
Eevee, the Evolution Pokémon, will be featured during August’s Community Day event—which will span two days instead of just one! Community Day will run on:
- Saturday, August 14, 2021, and
- Sunday, August 15, 2021, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time on each day.
Eevee Community Day Timed Research is available from August 13, 10 am PDT, and lasts until the event ends.
Tasks are as follows:
- Power up Pokémon 5 times ➜ 1x Mossy Lure
- Catch 5 Eevee ➜ 1x Glacial Lure Module
When you evolve Eevee into any of its Evolutions from Friday, August 13, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Monday, August 16, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. PDT (GMT −7), that Pokémon will know a special attack!
During this time, evolving Eevee into Sylveon will also require fewer hearts than usual.
When you evolve Eevee into any of its Evolutions, that Pokémon will know a special attack! For a full PvP analysis of each of these new moves check out our huge article here.
- Vaporeon: Scald Water
- Jolteon: Zap Cannon Electric
- Flareon: Superpower Fighting
- Espeon: Shadow Ball [shadow]
- Umbreon: Psychic Psychic
- Leafeon: Bullet Seed Grass
- Glaceon: Water Pulse Water
- Sylveon: Psyshock Psychic
- Eevee caught or hatched during this time will know Last Resort Normal
Community Day Box
Eevee Community Day Box is available, containing both an Elite Fast and an Elite Charged TM.
In celebration of Eevee Community Day, stickers inspired by Eevee and its Evolutions will be available throughout August!
You can get stickers inspired by Eevee by spinning PokéStops, opening Gifts, and purchasing them from the in-game shop, while stickers inspired by Eevee’s Evolutions will be available exclusively from the shop.
Features and bonuses are available throughout the weekend
The following bonuses will be active from Friday, August 13, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Monday, August 16, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. PDT (GMT −7).
- Evolving Eevee into Sylveon will require only seven hearts instead of the usual 70.
- There will be special Timed Research available that rewards a Mossy Lure Module and a Glacial Lure Module.
- There will be a special one-time-purchase Community Day Box available for 1,280 PokéCoins, featuring 50 Ultra Balls, five Incense, an Elite Fast TM, and an Elite Charged TM.
Features and bonuses available during Community Day hours only
The following features and bonuses will be available on Saturday, August 14, 2021, and Sunday, August 15, 2021, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time on each day.
- Eevee will be appearing more frequently in the wild. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny one!
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!
- Eggs will require one quarter their usual Hatch Distance.
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours.
- Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours.
What You Choose to Be Research Steps, Tasks, and Rewards
For US$1.00 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the Eevee Community Day-exclusive Special Research story, Who You Choose to Be.
What You Choose to Be Step 1
- Power up Pokémon 10 times: x15 Pinap Berry
- Catch 15 Eevee: Eevee
- Make 7 Nice Throws: x50 Eevee Candy
Rewards: x2,000 Stardust, x25 PokeBall, and x1 Incense
What You Choose to Be Step 2
- Catch 15 Eevee: Vaporeon
- Transfer 10 Pokémon: Jolteon
- Evolve 3 Eevee: Flareon
Rewards: 1500 XP, x50 Eevee Candy, and x1 Incense
What You Choose to Be Step 3
- Make 3 Great Curveball Throws: Espeon
- Transfer 10 Pokémon: Eevee
- Evolve 2 Eevee: Umbreon
Rewards: 2,500 XP, x15 Great Ball, and x1 Rocket Radar
What You Choose to Be Step 4
- Catch 15 Eevee: Leafon
- Use 15 Berries to help catch Pokémon: Eevee
- Evolve 2 Eevee: Glaceon
Rewards: 3,500 XP, x1 Egg Incubator, and x15 Ultra Ball
What You Choose to Be Step 5
- Claim Reward: x100 Eevee Candy
- Claim Reward: Eevee
- Claim Reward: x2 Silver Pinap Berry
Rewards: x3,000 Stardust, Sylveon, and x2 Rare Candy
How to evolve every Eevee evolution in Pokémon GO
Our Pokémon GO Eevee Evolutions Guide guide contains more in-depth information on the topic. Check the summary below for a quick reference:
- Evolve at random to get Jolteon, Vaporeon or Flareon
- Walk at least 10 km with Eevee and evolve it into Umbreon or Espeon. Evolve during day for Espeon and during night for Umbreon. Do remember to keep your Eevee as your buddy when evolving into Espeon or Umbreon
- Evolve under a Mossy Lure to get Leafeon
- Evolve under a Glacial Lure to get Glaceon
- Earn 25 Eevee Candy and 70 Hearts with Eevee as your Buddy to get a Sylveon
Note on Umbreon and Espeon walking requirement
Due to a bug that’s currently active in Pokémon GO, in order to evolve into Umbreon and Espeon, you do not need to walk 10 kilometers with Eevee.
Read more here: Umbreon and Espeon don’t need to be walked 10 KM to evolve during Eevee Community Day 2021