Tepig Community Day takes place on Saturday, July 3rd 2021, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time. Shiny Tepig will be making an appearance, and Emboar evolved during event hours will know Blast Burn Fire. Tepig is a lovely golden shiny, whilst Emboar’s flames become a roaring blue!
During the event, Lure Modules and Incense will last for three hours and you will get triple stardust from catching Pokémon. Be sure to read our Emboar Community Day PvP Analysis for more information on the Trainer Battles aspect of this Community Day.
Event timing and bonuses
Date and time
- 📅 Saturday, July 3rd, 2021, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time
- 🌱 Tepig will be appearing more frequently in the wild.
- ✨ If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Tepig!
- ⭐ Evolve Pignite during the event or up to two hours afterward to get an Emboar that knows the Fire type charged attack Blast Burn.
- 📸 Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!
- 🎁 There will be a one time purchase Community Day Box available for 1,280 PokéCoins which contains 50 Ultra Balls, five Incense, five Star Pieces, and an Elite Charged TM.
- 🔍 For US$1 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the Tepig Community Day-exclusive Special Research story, “Roasted Berries”.
- ⭐ 3× Catch Stardust during Community Day hours
- ⭐ Incense and lures activated during the event will last for three hours
Shiny Tepig, Pignite and Emboar
Tepig Community Day Exclusive Move: Blast Burn
Evolve Pignite (Tepig’s Evolution) during the event or up to two hours afterward to get an Emboar that knows the Fire type charged attack Blast Burn. We will have a full meta analysis on this move shortly! Blast Burn has become the traditional move for Fire type starters to gain on Community Day, and Tepig has proved no exception.
|PVP Stat||PVE Stat|
Roasted Berries Special Research Tasks and Rewards
For US$1 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the Tepig Community Day-exclusive Special Research story, Roasted Berries. These usually feature several of the Community Day Pokémon as a reward, so can be a good way to attempt to get a good IV, or even a shiny with good IVs!
- Power up Pokémon 10 times — 15 Poké Ball
- Catch 15 Tepig — Tepig encounter
- Make 5 Nice Throws — 20 Tepig Candy
- Rewards: 2000 Stardust, Tepig encounter, Incense
- Catch 15 Tepig — 30 Tepig Candy
- Transfer 10 Pokémon — Pignite encounter
- Evolve 3 Tepig — 10 Pinap Berry
- Rewards: 1500 EXP, Tepig encounter, Incense
- Make 3 Great Curveball Throws — 50 Tepig Candy
- Evolve 1 Pignite — 1 Star Piece
- Transfer 10 Pokémon — 15 Great Ball
- Rewards: 2500 EXP, Rocket Radar, 15 Ultra Ball
- Claim reward — 2 Silver Pinap Berry
- Claim reward — Tepig encounter
- Claim reward — 3500 EXP
- Rewards: 3000 Stardust, Emboar encounter, 2 Rare Candy
General Event Tips and Tricks
- ⭐ Pokémon you have not caught prior to the event start can turn into Tepig, which means it is best to arrive at your spot early, and wait to catch until the event starts.
- ⭐ Be patient – there will always be errors and bugs at the start of the event. It is best to restart the app in most, if not all, cases.
- ⭐ Remember Pokéstops give out quests that are very beneficial on Community Day, giving you rewards for Stardust, Great and Ultra Balls, and Pinap Berries, all things that can help you if your stocks are low.
- ⭐While a Community Day Box has become the norm, most times it is not worth it compared to current or past sales. If it is what you need, go for it, but usually, the deal can be matched elsewhere.
- ⭐ To ensure that you have Lures up the entire duration, do not set your lures prior to the start of the event, as those will only last 30 minutes. The Lure has to go up after the event has started to last for three hours. Not to mention it will block the boosted CD spawns from spawning until it has depleted.
- ⭐ Use Incense to attract even more Pokémon to you while you’re out hunting. If you are wondering, yes, Incense can spawn Community Day ‘mons, that can be shiny. There is not a reason why you should avoid Incense if you have it.
- ⭐ Chat with your fellow Trainers and grow your local Pokémon Go community. Make good use of the QR code feature to make some new friends!
- ⭐ Promote the new Pokémon Go features and events to Trainers who are just starting their adventure or haven’t been playing for a while. People are coming back around due to trading, Trainer Battles, and these community events.
- ⭐ Most importantly, have fun, get some shinies, and hope for good network connections!