Pokemon GO Water Festival 2019 is a special in-game event that features increased Water-type Pokemon spawns in the wild, around water and more frequent egg hatches. The event runs from Friday, August 23 until Friday, August 30, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT and features Shiny Carvanha and Shiny Barboach. Kingler and Crawdaunt will be able to learn Crabhammer, a Water-type Charged Attack that is newly available in Pokémon GO.
In addition to the regular bonuses, Water-type Pokémon like Blastoise, Vaporeon, Lapras, and more will appear in raids. On Wednesday, August 28, 2019, from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. local time, you’ll be able to encounter Uxie, Mesprit, or Azelf in five-star raids in their respective regions!
|Event||Pokemon GO Water Festival 2019|
|Date + Time||
- 2× Hatch Candy
- If you have a Water-type Pokémon as your Buddy, the distance to earn Buddy Candy will be halved.
- Water-type Pokémon like Magikarp, Wooper, Wailmer, and more will appear more frequently in the wild.
- The following Pokémon will be appearing more frequently in the wild around water: Wartortle, Poliwhirl, Seaking, Lapras, Qwilfish, Mantine, Lotad, Feebas, Piplup, Buizel, and Finneon.
- Water-type Pokémon will hatch more often from Eggs.
- Kingler and Crawdaunt will be able to learn Crabhammer, a Water-type Charged Attack that is newly available in Pokémon GO.
- If you manage to surf the waves of luck, you might encounter Shiny Carvanha or Shiny Barboach!
- Water-type Pokémon like Blastoise, Vaporeon, Lapras, and more will appear in raids.
- On Wednesday, August 28, 2019, from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. local time, you’ll be able to encounter Uxie, Mesprit, or Azelf in five-star raids in their respective regions!
Water-Type Pokemon that can be shiny
We prepared a list of Water-Type Pokemon that can be shiny. Most of these Pokemon will have increased spawns during the Water Festival, making it an ideal opportunity for shiny checking and grabbing one or two new shinnies. Keep in mind that the chance for a wild shiny encounter is 1 in 450, regardless of the event. Carvanha and Barboach will likely have boosted shiny rates during the event, but rest should have the typical odds. In order to keep the chart size smaller, and we haven’t listed any baby forms, second or third evolution stages.
This year’s Water Festival is a great opportunity to catch some new shinies and walk the hell out of your 100% IV Magikarp. There’s also a fine selection of Pokemon that are useful for PvP (Barboach and Wooper jump to mind), plus a good opportunity to switch gears with new raids.