Niantic announced that Halloween is coming to Pokemon GO! Starting October 26 and lasting through November 1, you can receive way more Candies than usual, as Pokemon and Professor Willow are trick and treating.
Huge Candy drops and increased Ghost spawns for Halloween ?
According to the official source, every Pokémon you catch will award six Candies—twice the normal amount. The Professor will give you two Candies instead of one for every Pokémon you transfer to him. And your Buddy Pokémon will award Candy four times faster than they usually do.
In addition, certain Pokemon will appear way more often than they used to. Be on the lookout for more of the following Pokémon on your trick-or-treat route:
We recommend you hop on to our Buddy Tier list and choose your most efficient buddy for these few days. Four times the drop rates on Buddy Candy is crazy news and everyone should capitalize on this, even if you’re not actively playing the game anymore. Go outside, take a walk and take your buddy with you!
Prepare for Halloween event
- Consider clearing out all of your junk pokes. And by that, we mean “plan what you’re going to transfer right as it starts so you can afford the space when you go out and catch.”
- Stock up on Pokeballs. Pots are not as important.
- Save up for incubators / buy them during the event. Maybe this also means walking off all your 2km eggs in the next few days.
- Get good spots in as many high level gyms as you can right now. You don’t want to be fighting gyms during the event and this also makes good use of your pots to free up bag space.
- Walk your buddy up to X-0.1 km the night before. You can also walk your eggs up to X-0.1 if you incubated a lot of them at the same time.
- Optional: map out paths that contain a lot of known spawn points.
- Borrow someone’s portable charger or get your own.
- Get comfortable walking/jogging shoes, a jacket if it’s cold, a water bottle, etc.
- End the event right after collecting your bonus buddy candy.
Niantic also published a short video highlighting all of the upcoming changes and event details.
Pokemon GO 0.43.3 for Android and 1.13.3 for iOS
Before heading off and farming that sweet sweet candy, we suggest you download the latest update for Pokemon GO. The update contains new indicators for egg distances, Pokemon Typing is finally visible on the Pokemon page and more “minor text fixes”.
We haven’t datamined the update yet, but we’re working on it. The version number went up quite a bit, which makes us think there is more hidden inside, just not yet visible or active on player devices.
If you’re a Go Plus user, this will also brighten your day, as you’ve finally got a battery life indicator for your Pokemon GO Plus device.