|Table of contents|
|Event Times in Various Regions|
|Recommended Items for Advanced Players|
|Beldum CP and IV chart/Search String in wild encounters|
|Shiny Beldum Family|
|General Event Tips and Tricks|
Beldum Community Day is almost upon us, so we have created this guide to cover all available information on the day, be it the start times, iv charts, or any other tips! As always, best of luck to all you trainers, and may your shinies be plentiful! Beldum is boosted by Snow and Windy weather, so while these are the ideal weather to catch Beldum, stay safe in these types of conditions.
Outdated:This is a Community Day not to miss, as not only does Beldum have a amazing shiny, but Meteor Mash is slated to be a fantastic moves. There are no stats for the move in the Game Master as of 12:13 A.M. PDT 10/19/2018, however as shown from pics and videos via Pokémon Master Holly, it is slated to be a Dynamic Punch clone: a two-bar 90 damage 2.7 second charge move.
Edit: At around 11:00 P.M. PDT 10/19/2018, Meteor Mash was added to the Game Master with the following stats: 100 power, -50 energy delta (two-bar charge), 2600ms duration (2.6s cast time) and a 2300ms to 2500ms Damage Window. Analysis with Kratos will follow, but this is even better than previously shown by Youtube creators and images online. This move is fantastic, and will make Metagross a fantastic Rock and Ice counter as well as a startling generalist.
It is important to note Niantic can, and has, changed stats for moves last minute. This is not definitive.
In any case, here is a quick image rundown to kick this guide off:
Event Times in Various Regions
Beldum Community Day will take place on October 21st, 2018 (the 3rd Sunday in October) and it follows the previously established time slots:
- The Asia-Pacific region: 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. JST (GMT +9)
- Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and India: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. UTC (GMT +0)
- The Americas and Greenland: 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. PDT (GMT -7)
Niantic announced that you can evolve Metang to Metagross and get Meteor Mash up to +1 hour after the event ends in your local time.
Recommended Items for Advanced Players
We would recommend that you stock up on the following items to take full advantage of the event, especially the extra incubators for the egg distance bonus. It is important to note, to which i will reference it a few times in this guide, that eggs already incubating do not gain the benefit of 1/4 distance. The eggs must be incubated after the event has started and is underway. So clear you egg inventory and hold off on incubating until the event has begun. Waiting a few minutes might be the safest option.
|Super Incubator||Regular Incubator||Lure||Pokéball|
|Go Plus||Star Piece||Lucky Egg||Incense|
- Incubators – Incubators are the mainstay of this event, and extras will really help you take advantage of the reduced walking distance. More super incubators are recommened over regular incubators as they will be the fastest option to hatch eggs, but this means the incubators will get used up frequently.
- Poké Balls – A large portion of your inventory should be dedicated to Poké, Great and Ultra balls before the 21st to ensure you can spend the time catching. More storage should be dedicated to Great and Ultra balls, to ensure quick and easy catches.
- Lures – Set these up at every stop in your favorite hunting location at the very start of the event to capitalize on the 3-hour lures and to increase the amount of spawns you find. The best option to coincide with the egg distance reduction is to place lures in a walking area and move to each one, thereby racking up egg distance, getting the Incense to spawn more Pokemon, and ensuring you hit each lured Pokéstop for new Beldum and Research Quests.
- Incense – Make sure to use your Incense to boost your chances of finding a Beldum. Like Lucky Eggs, 6 are needed to get through the full 3 hours (30 min x 6 = 3 hours).
- Lucky Eggs/Star Pieces – Using these items do not give any extra bonuses besides their usual, but you will be catching and raiding all day, so if you need dust or XP this would be the time to pop them.
- Pokémon Go Plus – This can be somewhat useful, it will automate the process of catching low level Beldum and other Pokémon in the area that are not Beldum, as well as more accurately tracking walking distance so you can hatch your eggs faster while you hunt.
This will be updated with whatever Niantic decides to include in their Community Day Box, with a analysis on if it would be right to buy for this Community Day.
Finally, Pro-Tip for the day is make sure to clear both your bag space so you can accumulate items throughout the day, as well as your Pokémon bag space to make room for the Beldum. Trust me Trainers, I am hoping, praying, and begging for a storage increase, Generation IV has the storage packed up, but just manage for the time being.
Beldum CP and IV chart
No Community Day guide would be complete without a look at the CP potential in caught Beldum. If you are looking to see what makes a 100% Beldum, here is not only a chart, but a graphic made by the lovely Couple of Gaming and a text string to use in game to check for potential 100s.
- 723 CP is a level 30 100% without Weather Boost
- 783 CP is a level 35 100% with Weather Boost Windy and Snow
- This is the absolute best you can find in the wild.
|Level||Min CP||Max CP|
Shiny Beldum Family
Shiny Beldum is incredibly noticeable, and is arguably one of the best shinies out there. Here is the family, in all of its glory:
General Event Tips and Tricks
- As pictured above, assuming no buffs to catch rate there are the various percent chances to catch a Beldum. It has a fairly high catch rate, so this Community Day should be a bit of a breeze. Stock up on Pinaps and use the Quick Catch method to maximize candy gains!
- As previously stated, Niantic announced that you can evolve your Metang to get Meteor Mash up to 1 hour after the the event ends. This means you can focus more on catching Beldum instead of evolving in the last few minutes. Although, as a general cautionary rule, in case there are any issues on Niantic’s end, evolve at least a few before the event end.
- Being late is never a good thing, get around your spot early and see what changes into Beldum.
- Pokémon you have not caught prior to the event start can turn into Beldum, it is best to wait to catch until the event starts.
- Be patient – there will be errors and bugs at the start of the event. It is best to restart the app in some, if not most, cases.
- To ensure that you have Lures up the entire duration, do not lure prior to the event start, as those will only last 30 minutes. You will know when Community Day is on, just watch for the lag spike, the spinning Pokéball, and the almost inevitable need to restart. Lures will last for three hours then.
- As stated before, the 1/4th Egg Distance only applies after the event starts, and only for eggs you incubate during the event. Do not expect already incubated eggs, or ones incubated before the event start to be reduced.
- Super Incubators will be the absolute fastest way to hatch Eggs this event, but this is expensive if you plan on traveling a lot.
- Use Incense to attract even more Pokémon to you while you’re out hunting. If you are wondering, yes Incense can spawn Community Day ‘mons, that can be shiny. Incense is worth it.
- Chat with your fellow Trainers and grow your local Pokémon Go community. Make good use of the QR code feature to make some new friends!
- Promote the new Pokémon Go features and events to Trainers who are just starting their adventure or haven’t been playing for a while. People are coming back around due to trading, Generation IV, and these community events.
- Most importantly, have fun, get some shinies, and hope for good network connections!