Getting your Buddy Pokemon to Excited mood without using a Poffin can be tricky. Luckily, players have solved this mystery through experimentation, and you can reliably get your Buddy excited every day.
The game doesn’t provide a lot of visual feedback on your progress, but by repeating the daily activities you will eventually reach Excited mood level.
Here’s how to get your Buddy excited:
- You will need 32 Points per day to reach Excited mood for your Buddy
- Each Activity you do has a 30 minute cooldown, except Walk 2 KM per day
- You need to do these activities three times per day, as you can earn 14 Points from completing all of them
Here are the activities you can do to get to Excited Mood:
- Visit a new location
- Walk 2 km
- Feed your Buddy
- Play with your Buddy
- Take a Snapshot of the Buddy
- Open a Souvenir / Present (requires Great Buddy)
- Visit a Location highlighted by your Buddy
While your buddy is Excited, you’ll see double heart icons next to each activity. The walking distance required to collect a Candy will also be reduced while your buddy is Excited.