Skarmory Steel is a Tier 3 Raid Boss in Pokemon Go with 13859 CP. This guide goes over best Skarmory counters in Pokemon GO. In-game, Skarmory has the following stats: a Max CP of 2108, an Attack of 148, a Defense of 226, and a Stamina of 163.
Skarmory raid boss can have the following CP values when caught:
- 1139-1204 CP without weather boost; level 20
- 1424-1506 CP in Windy and Snow; level 25
Skarmory is a very tough solo, even after the Stat Rework. It is not as hard to beat as Claydol and the still-impossible Shuckle, but it will be a challenge nonetheless. Only a handful of Pokémon at level 35 can make a actual attempt, and ideally you should go into the battle with level 40 Fire or Electric attackers boosted by Sunny or Rainy weather. Beyond that, realistically 2-4 high level players can tackle a Skarmory, and 5-20 lower level players can handle one.
Italics indicates Legacy or Exclusive Moves.
|WEAKNESS Fire Electric||BOOSTED BY Windy Snow|
Skarmory has access to:
- Steel Wing Steel and Air Slash for Fast Moves.
- Sky Attack Steel for Charge Moves. , Brave Bird , and Flash Cannon
Anything on this list is only really serviceable for a Solo when Fire or Electric are boosted, as they otherwise cannot deal enough damage to take down Skarmory in time. In any case, these are still decent options if you are fighting in a large group.
- Typhlosion with Ember/Blast Burn
- Arcanine with Fire Fang/Flamethrower
- Mewtwo with Psycho Cut and either Flamethrower or Thunderbolt (Thunderbolt for Rainy and Neutral weather, Flamethrower for Sunny)
- Jolteon with Thunder Shock/Thunderbolt
- Salamence with Fire Fang/Fire Blast
- Infernape with Fire Spin/Flamethrower
Skarmory will be boosted by Snow and Windy weather, while being more vulnerable in Rainy and Sunny weather.
|Sunny||Boosts Fire attackers||–|
|Windy||Allows a Level 25 Encounter from Weather Boost.||Boosts Skarmory’s Air Slash, Brave Bird, and Sky Attack|
|Snow||Allows a Level 25 Encounter from Weather Boost.||Boosts Skarmory’s Steel Wing and Flash Cannon|
|Rainy||Boosts Electric attackers||–|