Over the course of the pandemic, Niantic has made several changes to the way that we experience and play Pokémon Go. With many of these bonuses set to expire in less than 2 days, Niantic has made an announcement on what those bonuses will look like going forward. There’s some that are staying forever, some are staying for now, and some that are being removed.
Niantic announced that the following will be sticking around for the foreseeable future
- Remote Raiding
- No walking distance for the Go Battle League
- Increased Pokéstop / Gym spin distance
New Permanent Improvements
Niantic has also announced that the following will be kept as permanent game balance improvements
- Inventory Gift limit of 20
- 3× Catch Stardust and 3× Catch XP for your first Pokémon catch of the day
- The duration for Incense will remain at 60 minutes
What’s going away
Many countries encouraging people to spend time outside, go on walks and explore their local communities to improve their mental and physical health while abiding by social distancing and other health and safety recommendations of course. Niantic has announced that starting October 1st, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT -7) the following changes to some of the bonuses we’ve come to enjoy.
- Egg hatch distance will be returning to normal.
- The increased effectiveness of Incense will now apply only while walking.
- Your Buddy Pokémon will now fetch you Gifts only when you have nearly run out, and only once per day.
- Gifts from PokéStops will no longer be guaranteed from each individual spin, however, their frequency will remain increased.
- You will also see incubators be included in more boxes within the in-game Shop during the coming weeks.