Trainers, AR lovers, attention! Niantic has just announced the global #GOsnapshot challenge, an AR photography challenge that gives AR photographers a chance to compete with one another on a global level!
From April 15 to May 22, players can participate in three unique GO Snapshot challenges, each with a specific focus and task for taking photos with your Pokémon. Prizes include your own PokéStop (for three months) and a trip to a 2019 Pokémon GO Fest of your choice, travel and ticket expenses covered!
|GO Snapshot Challenge||Starts||Ends|
|Buddy Challenge||April 15||April 24|
|Habitat Challenge||April 29||May 8|
|Go Create Challenge||May 13||May 22|
It’s time for a photo shoot with your Buddy Pokémon! In this challenge, we’re looking for Trainers to show us photos that highlight the connection between them and their Buddy Pokémon. From your shared adventures at the park to some fun moments at home, we want to see what makes your Buddy Pokémon your buddy!
What to Do:
- Post your top three entries on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtags #GOsnapshot and #BuddyChallenge
From April 29, 2019, to May 8, 2019
For our Habitat Challenge, we’re asking Trainers to take the best photos of Pokémon in their natural habitat! It’s time to learn more about your Pokémon, as understanding a Pokémon’s type and Pokédex information is an important factor in winning this challenge!
What to Do:
- Post your top three entries on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtags #GOsnapshot and #HabitatChallenge
May 13, 2019, to May 22, 2019
With GO Snapshot, there are almost no limits when it comes to where, when, and how you capture AR photos of your Pokémon. In our Go Create Challenge, we’re asking you to show us how innovative you can get with GO Snapshot. We can’t wait to see where your creativity takes you, Trainers!
What to Do:
- Post your top three entries on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtags #GOsnapshot and #GoCreateChallenge.
Contest Rules and Rewards
- The grand-prize winner and two runners-up for each challenge will be selected based on the originality, creativity, and visual fun of their snapshots.
- Each runner-up will win a special PokéStop featuring their winning photo that will remain no less than three months!
- The grand-prize winner for each challenge will receive this special PokéStop and be whisked away with travel and tickets to a 2019 Pokémon GO Fest of their choice!
GO Hub AR Masters
For tips, tricks, and inspiration be sure to check out the work of our AR Masters including: Ash Ketzchup; Ryusui; Rogue; and more! You can find their work in the AR Masters Gallery Channel, ask them questions in the Ask our AR Masters on our Discord. Please keep in mind that edited entries (Photoshop / any other filter app) are not acceptable in these challenges.
Questions and Answers
At what time do the #GOsnapshot challenges start?
The Contest begins at 12:00:00 A.M. Pacific Time (PT) Zone in the United States on April 15, 2019, and ends at 11:59:59 P.M. PT on May 22, 2019 (“Contest Period”). The Contest Period is subdivided into three (3) separate periods (“Challenges”) as follows:
- The first Challenge is the Buddy Challenge, which begins at 12:00:00 A.M. PT on April 15, 2019, and ends at 11:59:59 P.M. PT on April 24, 2019.
- The second Challenge is the Habitat Challenge, which begins at 12:00:00 A.M. PT on April 29, 2019, and ends at 11:59:59 P.M. PT on May 8, 2019.
- The third Challenge is the Go Creative Challenge, which begins at 12:00:00 A.M. PT on May 13, 2019, and ends at 11:59:59 P.M. PT on May 22, 2019.
Do I need to make a payment / buy a ticket / register to participate?
No. No purchase or payment is required to participate in the contest.
Can I submit edited AR photos?
No. From the official rules: “During the Contest Period, using the augmented reality (AR) camera feature of the Pokémon GO application on your mobile device, take an AR photo that displays your Pokémon as you use the Pokémon GO application. Photos where children appear in or are identifiable in the photo without adults also present will not be considered and will be deemed void.”