Trainers, Niantic has shared an update that details all of the balancing changes they’ve introduced alongside the Pokémon GO Beyond Update. Although these changes were expected since November 30th, we finally have official numbers and confirmation of the changes observed in the wild.
Updates to XP
XP has been increased for the following activities.
- Catching a Pokémon with a Nice Throw: 10 XP to 20 XP
- Catching a Pokémon with a Great Throw: 50 XP to 100 XP
- Catching a Pokémon with an Excellent Throw: 100 XP to 1,000 XP
- Catching a Pokémon with a Curveball Throw: 10 XP to 20 XP
- Evolving a Pokémon: 500 XP to 1,000 XP
- Catching a Pokémon or spinning a PokéStop the first time in a day: 500 XP to 1,500 XP
- Achieving a Pokémon catch streak or PokéStop spin streak of seven days: 2,000 XP to 6,000 XP
- Giving a Pokémon a Berry at a Gym: 20 XP to 50 XP
- Spinning a PokéStop: 50 XP to 100 XP
- Defeating a Gym: 100 XP to 1,000 XP
- Defeating a Pokémon at a Gym: 100 XP to 300 XP
- Hatching a 2 km Egg: 200 XP to 500 XP
- Hatching a 5 km Egg: 500 XP to 1,000 XP
- Hatching a 10 km Egg: 1,000 XP to 2,000 XP
- Hatching a Strange Egg: 2,000 XP to 4,000 XP
- Catching a Pokémon in AR mode: 100 XP to 300 XP
- Unlocking a new Pokédex entry: 500 XP to 1,000 XP
- The chance of encountering Smeargle after you take a snapshot has been increased.
- Nanab Berries are now more effective, fully calming Pokémon down in encounters.
- You’ll now earn more Candies from catching a Pokémon you’ve given a Silver Pinap Berry.
- The “Make 3 Excellent Throws in a row” task now leads to an encounter with Gible instead of Larvitar.
- You can now earn up to three hearts each day from battling with your buddy.
- Your buddy can now more easily get excited.
- Golden Razz Berries and Silver Pinap Berries are more effective when you give them to your buddy.
- The Stardust you’ll earn from giving a Pokémon a Berry at a Gym has been increased from 20 to 30
- Beginning on December 7, you’ll earn more Stardust from weekly Adventure Sync rewards.