GO Hub’s data mine of the new 0.89.1 version update is complete! The 0.89.1 update is a quality of life and bug fixing update, bringing almost nothing brand new, but polishing a lot of the existing features. The scroll bug has been fixed!
Official patch notes:
- Resolved a bug that caused the Pokémon collection screen to scroll to the top after evolving, transferring, or renaming a Pokémon.
- Added the ability to sort the Pokédex by region.
- Improved incubator sorting order when selecting an incubator.
- Improved the way Pokémon scale throughout the app.
- Various bug fixes and performance updates.
You can skip the que and download the APK at APK Mirror here (verified by the GO Hub team). Let’s dive in!
#1: The scroll bug has been fixed
As announced in the official patch notes, the scroll bug has finally been fixed. This change comes just in time for the Community day event and the unavoidable mass evolution session that we’re expecting most players will do.
#2: A new loading screen is live
The holiday loading screen is now a thing of the past, making room for the new 2018 oriented loading screen. Curiously, the new loading screen features Loudred!
#3 Performance upgrades, tweaks and bug fixes
There is a lot going on in the optimization department in this release:
- New “renderers” for map elements, bringing better rendering of OSM data set
- AR+ fixes are everywhere, intertwined with scale and AR optimizations
- The new scaling mechanism seems to be correctly applied everywhere and controlled via the Game Master
- “Side swipes” should be less buggy in this release
- Performance tuning and network request batching
We won’t be sharing any code excerpts for brevity sake, but we strongly recommend you update to 0.89.1 as soon as possible. It’s a solid release with a ton of small fixes and tweaks.
#4 Kyogre is now… closer!
As posted by Reversal, Kyogre is now much closer and much easier to catch… Finally, yes!
— REVERSAL (@REVERSALx7) January 18, 2018
#5 Pokédex updated to group Pokémon by region
The Pokédex now displays Pokémon grouped by their original region. Clicking on the region name will scroll the Pokédex UI to the appropriate group. In addition, you can finally see how many Pokémon per region you have caught.
#6 Other tidbits
— Shiny Pokémon now display as a shiny icon in the Pokémon list and long Pokémon names are no longer small in the Pokémon list:
— There seems to be a bug with the game saving your last Pokéball across multiple encounters. Be careful not to waste Great / Ultra Balls.
— Party feature is now considered in beta, not feature complete yet (check screenshot above)
— Defender icon color now reflects motivation in the gym
— Switching AR on/off does no longer resets the Pokémon position