Niantic has just announced a new series of events titled “Pokémon GO Community Day”. Each month, a Community Day will be announced on Pokémon GO Social media channels starring a special event Pokémon, which will appear around the world just for a few hours.
Pokémon caught during the event will feature an exclusive move, not obtainable outside the event.
The first Community day is scheduled for January 20th and features the following:
- A special Pikachu with Surf
- double XP during event hours
- three hour lures
The event is taking place during the following hours:
- The Asia-Pacific region: January 20, 2018, from 12:00 P.M. to 3:00 P.M. JST (GMT +9)
- Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and India: January 20, 2018, from 10:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. UTC (GMT +0)
- The Americas and Greenland: January 20, 2018, from 11:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. PST (GMT -8)
According to the official post, this event will take place every month and will probably feature the same Pokémon that had similar events in the core games. Maybe we’ll see Precipice Blades Groudon in a same fashion.
You can follow the community day schedule using Niantic’s official event page: Community Day.
We’ll soon create a page with future speculated community day themes, so stay tuned.