Pokémon GO Gym Badges are now rewarded for Trainers participating in Gym Battles all across the world and offer an unique challenge we haven’t seen before.
You can collect Gym Badges in every gym you fight in and later on view them on your Gym Badges Map.
Gym Badges are reminders of the Gyms you fought in and they provide some solid improvements to Gym Drops and Bonuses.
Three different types of badges are obtainable:
|1 Extra item||2 Extra Items||3 Extra Items|
- Each gym has it’s own badge
- Badges work as reputation in regards to that specific gym
- Feeding and battling at the Gym will progress your Badge
- Higher Badge rank gives better drops at that Gym
- Gyms now act as local engagement hubs
Gym badges screen enables the following:
- Viewing where you have Pokémon deployed
- Viewing the time for how long that Pokémon has been deployed
- Leveling up and training the Badges for increased item drop rewards
- Becoming the local hero and building a local community
Gym stats and Gym Badge level
You can track the following stats for every Badge you have using the Gym Badges screen:
- Gym Badge Rank
- Pokémon Battles Won
- Berries Feed at the Gym
- Total Time defending
The screen also displays the Pokémon that is deployed at the Gym and the Badge features several colored frames, depending on your Gym Badge Rank: Basic, Bronze, Silver and Gold.
Gym Badge FAQ
How important are Gym Badges?
They are very important, as they influence your Raid Rewards and Gym Spinning rewards. You benefit a lot from improving the level of your Gym badge.
Can I lose a Gym Badge?
No, not really. Once you reach a certain level on a Badge, it’s permanent. It doesn’t matter if you lose or stop defending the Gym, the Badge still stands as a memento of your previous work.
Will Badges have anything to do with Legendary Raid Battles?
Niantic has confirmed that Leg. Raid Battles will be exclusive for high level, experienced players, who have participated in a number of Raid and Gym Battles. We expect that Gym Badges will play a role there, but not clear what that role will be.