With the 0.67.1 update being released, Niantic has introduced a new search bar on the Pokemon list. Although it seemed fairly simplistic at first, the search bar has much more functionality than it was originally thought.
This page lists all known Search Bar commands, if you find some hidden ones, let us know.
Filtering by name
Filtering by name works as normal text search. Returns Pokemon whose name matches the query. Does not search inside names. Supports ASCII and Unicode. Searching Pokemon species name ignores nicknames.
- ?MyTyranitar returns a Pokemon named ?MyTranitar
- Tyranitar returns all Tyranitars
Filtering by Type(s)
You are now able to search by Pokemon Type! In order to search, write the type name in the search box, or for multiple types, separate the type names with one of the supported separators – colon(:), semi-colon(;), or a comma(,)
- fire returns all fire types in your Pokemon list
- fire, ground returns all fire and all ground types
- fire & flying returns all Pokémon with both fire and types
Filtering by Species
You can find all Pokemon that belong to a particular species group by searching the species name with a + sign before it. Works with Pokemon nicknames.
- +bulbasaur returns all Bulbasaurs, Ivysaurs and Venusaurs in your Pokemon list
Filtering by Pokedex Number
You can find Pokemon using their Pokedex number also, but you can also create range searches! Check the examples
- 248 returns all Tyranitars you have
- 200 – 248 returns all Pokemon with Pokedex number between 200 and 248
Filtering by CP and HP
We are finally able to filter Pokemon by CP and HP, by writing special queries that look like cp2000-3000 and hp200-300.
- cp2000-3000 returns all Pokemon with CP between 2000 and 3000
- hp200-300 returns all Pokemon with HP between 200 and 300
Filtering by evolution
You can filter all Pokemon that can evolve using the “evolve” keyword. Takes into account your Candy count. Works with the new & operator.
- evolve returns all Pokemon that you have and that can evolve
- evolve & 10,13,16 shows all evolvable Weedle, Caterpie & Pidgey
Advanced search functions
In addition to filters above, you can make some complex filters also
- You can do multiple searches by separating your queries with a colon(:), semi-colon(;), or a comma(,)
- pidgey,rattata – Returns all Pidgey, Rattata, and other Pokemon with the indicated name
- cp10,147 – Returns all 10 CP pokemon and all of your Dratini