The featured Pokémon for March’s Community Day is Fletchling. Fletchinder evolved into Talonflame during the event will know Incinerate. As usual, Fletchling’s shiny form will become available during the event.
A Special Research story and a Community Day Box will be available for US$1 and 1280 PokéCoins.
Date and Time
The event takes place on Saturday, March 6, 2021, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time.
- Increased Fletchling spawns
- Shiny Fletchling
- 3× Catch XP
- Incense lasts for 3 hours
- Evolve Fletchinder during the event or up to two hours afterward to get a Talonflame that knows Incinerate.
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!
- There’ll be a special one-time-purchase Community Day Box available for 1,280 PokéCoins, featuring 50 Ultra Balls, five Lucky Eggs, a Poffin, and an Elite Fast TM
New Shiny Pokémon
Shiny Fletchling, Fletchinder and Talonflame will become available during the March Community Day.
Special Research Story
For US$1 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the Fletchling Community Day–exclusive Special Research story, The Bravest Bird. Stay tuned for when tickets for the The Bravest Bird Special Research story go live!
Tickets are nonrefundable (subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service). Please note that this Special Research will not include an in-game medal.
Community Day Tips and Tricks
- Pokémon you have not caught before the event start can turn into Fletchling, which means it is best to arrive at your spot early, and wait to catch until the event starts.
- Be patient – there will always be errors and bugs at the start of the event. It is best to restart the app in most, if not all, cases.
- Remember PokéStops give out quests that are very beneficial on Community Day, giving you rewards for Stardust, Great and Ultra Balls, and Pinap Berries, all things that can help you if your stocks are low.
- While a Community Day Box has become the norm, most times it is not worth it compared to current or past sales. If it is what you need, go for it, but usually, the deal can be matched elsewhere.
- To ensure that you have Lures up the entire duration, do not set your lures before the start of the event, as those will only last 30 minutes. The Lure has to go up after the event has started to last for three hours. Not to mention it will block the boosted CD spawns from spawning until it has depleted.
- Use Incense to attract even more Pokémon to you while you’re out hunting. If you are wondering, yes, Incense can spawn Community Day ‘mons, that can be shiny. There is not a reason why you should avoid Incense if you have it.
- Chat with your fellow Trainers and grow your local Pokémon Go community. Make good use of the QR code feature to make some new friends!
- Promote the new Pokémon Go features and events to Trainers who are just starting their adventure or haven’t been playing for a while. People are coming back around due to trading, new Pokémon, PvP, the numerous events, and these community-based events.
- Most importantly, have fun, get some shinies, and hope for no game breaking glitches!
- Poké Balls for catching everything, specifically Great and Ultra Balls for quick and easy catches.
- Lucky Eggs for when you are catching, doing raids during the day, and just helping leveling overall.
- Star Pieces: Between frequent egg hatching and frequent catching, an item that boosts the most valuable currency in the game will be an absolute necessity!
- Lure modules to take advantage of the 3-hour lures.
- Incense to attract more Fletchling and increase your shiny odds
- GO Plus / Poké Ball Plus: This is just a good choice overall, as it helps track distance more accurately than regular walking will, it can help catch those random Pokémon you may find throughout the day.