Pokémon GO August 2022 Community Day features Galarian Zigzagoon, the Tiny Raccoon Pokémon. The event takes place on Saturday, August 13, 2022, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. local time.
Bonuses include 3× Catch Stardust, 2× Catch Candy, 2× chance to receive Candy XL, 3-hour Incense and Lure Modules and more! Shiny Galarian Zigzagoon, Linoone and Obstagoon will be also available if you’re lucky to catch one.
Obstagoon evolved during the event will know the exclusive move Obstruct, a new strong Dark-type .
Date & Time
Featured PokémonZigzagoon (Galarian)
Galarian Zigzagoon will appear more frequently in the wild. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny one!
- Evolve Galarian Linoone (Zigzagoon's Evolution) during the event or up to five hours afterwards to get an Obstagoon that knows the Charge Attack Obstruct
- 3x Catch Stardust
- 2x Candy for catching Pokémon
- 2× chance for Trainers level 31 and up to receive XL Candy from catching Pokemon.
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours
- Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise
- One additional special trade can be made during the event and up to five hours afterward for a maximum of three for the day
- Trades made during the event and up to five hours afterward will require 50% less Stardust
Ultra Unlock Bonuses
- 2x XP for Catching Pokémon
- 2x Candy for transferring Pokémon
- Two additional Special Trades can be made during the event. This bonus will stack with the existing Special Trade bonus for the Season of GO, making a maximum of 4 Special Trades
- Trades made during the event will cost 75% less stardust. This bonus will replace the previous bonus that halved trade costs, and will not stack
Galarian Zigzagoon Perfect IV CP Chart
Shows Galarian Zigzagoon’s max Combat Power at each Level:
Featured Attack: Obstruct
Evolve Galarian Linoone (Galarian Zigzagoon’s Evolution) during the event or up to five hours afterward to get an Obstagoon that knows the Charged Attack Obstruct.
- Trainer Battles: 15 power and guaranteed to increase the user’s Defense and lower the opponent’s Defense.
- Gyms and raids: 20 power
Galarian Zigzagoon: Catch Challenge is the event-exclusive Timed Research available Saturday, August 13, 2022, 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM Local Time.
You will need to catch 100 Galarian Zigzagoon to complete this Timed Research, unlocking and earning Obstagoon Avatar Items.
Tasks and rewards
|Use 5 Berries to help catch Pokémon||Zigzagoon (Galarian)|
|Catch 15 Galarian Zigzagoon||Obstagoon Glasses|
|Make 10 Curveball Throws||Zigzagoon (Galarian)|
|Catch 30 Galarian Zigzagoon||Obstagoon Gloves|
|Catch 60 Galarian Zigzagoon||Obstagoon Hat|
|Catch 100 Galarian Zigzagoon||Obstagoon Pose|
These items will also be available for purchase in the in-game shop after the event.
Field Notes: Galarian Zigzagoon
Community Day Special Research Tasks and Rewards
For US$1.00 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the Galarian Zigzagoon Community Day–exclusive Special Research story, Field Notes: Galarian Zigzagoon.
- Field Notes: Galarian Zigzagoon is a Community Day-exclusive Special Research story
- Tickets cost US$1.00 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency)
- You can give a ticket to a friend so they can experience this Community Day’s Special Research story
Tasks and Rewards
Field Notes: Galarian Zigzagoon (1/4) Tasks and Rewards
|Power up Pokémon 10 times||15x Poké Ball|
|Catch 15 Galarian Zigzagoon||Zigzagoon (Galarian)|
|Make 5 Nice Throws||20x Galarian Zigzagoon Candy|
- 2000x Stardust
- Zigzagoon (Galarian)
- 1x Incense
Field Notes: Galarian Zigzagoon (2/4) Tasks and Rewards
|Catch 15 Galarian Zigzagoon||30x Galarian Zigzagoon Candy|
|Transfer 10 Pokémon||Linoone (Galarian)|
|Evolve 3 Galarian Zigzagoon||10x Pinap Berry|
- 1500x XP
- Zigzagoon (Galarian)
- 1x Incense
Field Notes: Galarian Zigzagoon (3/4) Tasks and Rewards
|Make 3 Great Curveball Throws||50x Galarian Zigzagoon Candy|
|Evolve one Galarian Linoone||1x Lucky Egg|
|Transfer 10 Pokémon||15x Great Ball|
- 2500x XP
- 1x Rocket Radar
- 15x Ultra Ball
Field Notes: Galarian Zigzagoon (4/4) Tasks and Rewards
|Claim Reward!||2x Silver Pinap Berry|
|Claim Reward!||Zigzagoon (Galarian)|
|Claim Reward!||3500x XP|
- 3000x Stardust
- 3x Rare Candy
Work together with other trainers to unlock additional group-play bonuses!
- If enough Pokémon are caught by Trainers with help from a single Lure Module, the 3x Stardust bonus for catching Pokémon near the Lured PokéStop will be increased to a 4x bonus Stardust for 30 minutes.
- This bonus will not stack with the base 3x Catch Stardust bonus and will instead replace it for the duration.
Bonus Linoone Raid Battles After Community DayLinoone (Galarian)
After the three-hour Community Day event ends, Trainers will be able to challenge unique four-star Raid Battles. Claiming victory in one of these raids will cause more Galarian Zigzagoon to appear around the Gym that hosted the raid for 30 minutes!
You can only join these raids using Raid Passes and Premium Battle Passes. Remote Raid Passes cannot be used to join these raids.
Once you successfully complete a four-star Raid Battle against Galarian Linoone, Galarian Zigzagoon will begin to appear in a 300-meter radius around the Gym that hosted the raid for 30 minutes. If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny one!*
- Galarian Zigzagoon that appear under these circumstances will have the same chance of appearing as a Shiny Pokémon as those that appear during August Community Day’s three-hour event period.
You’ll be able to get event-themed stickers by spinning PokéStops, opening Gifts, and purchasing them from the in-game shop.
Essential items for the event
- 200x Pinap Berry
- 250x PokeBall
- 150x Great Ball
Nice to have items
- 6x Star Piece
- 6x Lucky Egg
- 1x Incense
- 3x Lure
Tips and tricks
Mega Level Up a Dark or Normal type now!
There is plenty of time between the publishing of this article and the community day to get a Dark-type or Normal-type to at least high level, or even Max level to enjoy the bonuses that having that Pokémon mega evolved during the event can give you.
Don’t catch Pokémon before the event starts
Pokémon you have not caught before the event start can turn into Starly, which means it is best to arrive at your spot early, and wait to catch it until the event starts.
Restart the app before the event
Be patient – there will always be errors and bugs at the start of the event. It is best to restart the app in most, if not all, cases.
Don’t forget to spin PokéStops
Remember PokéStops give out quests that are very beneficial on Community Day, giving you rewards for Stardust, Great and Ultra Balls, and Pinap Berries, all things that can help you if your stocks are low.
Don’t activate lures before the event starts
To ensure that you have Lures up the entire duration, do not set your lures before the start of the event, as those will only last 30 minutes. The Lure has to go up after the event has started to last for three hours. Not to mention it will block the boosted CD spawns from spawning until it has depleted.
Use Incense to attract even more Pokémon to you while you’re out hunting. If you are wondering, yes, Incense can spawn Community Day ‘mons, that can be shiny. There is no reason why you should avoid Incense if you have it.
Don’t forget to enjoy the event
- Chat with your fellow Trainers and grow your local Pokémon Go community. Make good use of the QR code feature to make some new friends!
- Promote the new Pokémon Go features and events to Trainers who are just starting their adventure or haven’t been playing for a while. People are coming back around due to trading, new Pokémon, PvP, the numerous events, and these community-based events.
- Most importantly, have fun, get some shinies, and hope for no game-breaking glitches!