On this day, 6 months ago, Pokemon GO launched in Australia and North America, marking the initial release date of the game.
If you’ve been following along, the past six months of Pokemon GO were an emotional roller coaster for most of us.
Here’s a shortlist of important events that took place in the past 6 months:
- The removal of 3 Step tracker will never be forgotten!
- Server crashes and the infamous “Minor text fixes”
- We’ve discovered that Nest migrations are a thing!
- We’ve finally got the option to have Pokemon Buddies!
- Pokemon GO no longer is playable while driving as Pokemon don’t spawn and Stops don’t give items
- We’ve experienced an amazing Halloween event and a bit less exciting Thanksgivings mini event
- Finally, most of the world, including India, got their access to the game
- Gym meta changed again and again
- Trackers went up and down again
- Generation 2 has started rolling out with Baby Pokemon
- We’ve felt how powerful the “daily free incubator” can be in the Winter event
From our perspective, the past 6 months were crazy. The interest in this game is unprecedented with players coming back and back for more on a daily basis.
We’ve met some incredible people through the game, forging friendships which would never exist otherwise. Although naysayers will argue this, Pokémon GO has affected so many lives in a positive way that we can’t help but being excited for the future of this game.
We’ve all felt the ups and downs, we’ve all hated Niantic for crashes and loved them for Halloween, but overall the game improved a lot in the past 6 months.
Trainers, stay strong, stay healthy and let’s catch them all in the following 6 months!