|Table of contents|
|Event Times in Various Regions|
|Recommended Items for Advanced Players|
|Chikorita CP and IV chart/Search String in wild encounters|
|Shiny Chikorita Family|
|Incense and GO Plus Guide|
|General Event Tips and Tricks|
Chikorita Community day is looming ever closer, so we here at Go Hub want to prep you with all the information you might need to make the day as successful as it can be. Of course, best of luck to everyone and may your shinies be plentiful!
To start, it has been confirmed as of September 17th, 2018 that Chikorita’s final evolution, Meganium, will have access to the fantastic Grass charge move Frenzy Plant. It absolutely will improve its usage, however any expectations that it might suddenly be the best Grass type need to be shot down immediately. It has average stamina, only 168 attack, and a combined CP of only 2227; nothing is there to lend power or longevity to the fantastic move Frenzy Plant. In short: it will be better, but it wont be near the Grass meta.
For the visually inclined, here is a quick rundown:
Event Times in Various Regions
Chikorita Community Day will take place on September 22nd, 2018 (the fourth Saturday in September) and it follows the previously established time slots:
- The Asia-Pacific region: from 12:00 P.M. to 3:00 P.M. JST (GMT +9)
- Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and India: from 9:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M. UTC (GMT +0)
- The Americas and Greenland: from 11:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. PDT (GMT -7)
Recommended Items for Advanced Players
We recommend that you stock up on the following items to take full advantage of the event, especially to maximize your XP gain with lucky eggs due to the potential 6x XP. Also, as Chikorita is boosted in Sunny weather, hope that your skies are clear and bright for this Community Day!
|Lucky Egg||Incense||Lure||Pokéball||GO Plus|
- Poke Balls – A large portion of your inventory should be dedicated Poke, Great and Ultra balls before the 22nd to ensure you can spend the time catching.
- Lures – Set these up at every stop in your favorite hunting location to increase the amount of spawns you find, at the very start of the event to capitalize on the 3-hour lures. A spot with the most stops accessible from sitting is not a bad idea.
- Incense – Make sure to use your Incense to boost your chances of finding a Chikorita. Like Lucky Eggs, 6 are needed to get through the full 3 hours (30 min x 6 = 3 hours).
- Lucky Eggs – Using this item will double your XP gain, and since it is already 3x catch XP, you will be given 6x XP per catch!
- Pokémon Go Plus – This has some utility, it will automate the process of catching other Pokémon in the area that are not Chikorita, thereby increasing your potential XP gain, as well as more accurately tracking walking distance so you can hatch your event 7km eggs while you hunt. Get those regionals while they are around Trainers!
This will be updated with whatever Niantic decides to include in their Community Day Box, with a analysis on if it would be right to buy for this Community Day.
Finally, Pro-Tip for the day is make sure to clear both your bag space so you can accumulate items throughout the day, as well as your Pokémon bag space to make room for the Chikorita. Yes, the 2000 space would be cool, but managing that 1500 is what has to be done for now.
Chikorita CP and IV chart
The following chart depicts best and worst CP at level 1 through 35 for a level 30+ trainer and for that level Pokémon. To make things a little easier to remember, here are the maximum Chikorita CPs that can be found in the wild.
- 687 CP – non-weather boosted, 100% IV, level 30 Chikorita
- 744 CP – Sunny weather, 100% IV, level 35 Chikorita
- This is the best Chikorita you can find in the wild.
|Level||Min CP||Max CP|
For your perfectionist needs, here’s a search string you can use to find potential perfect IV Chikorita in your Pokémon storage:
Incense and GO Plus guide
We strongly suggest using Incense + GO Plus for this Community Day. The increased number of Pokémon to catch, as well as the GO Plus automating catching, to varying degrees of success, for the other random Pokémon throughout the day
As well, as touched on previously, the GO Plus, when connected, tracks distance more than just the standalone game. Which comes in handy as Regionals are in 7km eggs during the time of this Community Day. This is the perfect time to crack open some gifts, get some 7km eggs, and finish that Generation 1 Pokédex.
We suggest combining 6 Incense + GO Plus at all times to maximize your XP gain, as well as backing those with the obvious XP boosting Lucky Egg and Star Piece.
Shiny Chikorita family
Shiny Chikorita, as has been the Community Day norm, is expected to be seen this community day, at the usual rates. The shinies here take on a sort of “fall” look.
For those astute among you, you may notice the different antennae on Meganium. This is not a shiny difference, but a gender difference. Males have curvy, slicked back ones and females have the more straight up ones.
General event tips and tricks
- Being late is never a good thing, get around your spot early and see what changes into Chikorita.
- Pokemon you have not caught prior to the event start can turn into Chikorita, it is best to wait to catch until the event starts.
- Be patient – there will be errors and bugs at the start of the event. It is best to restart the app in some cases.
- To ensure that you have Lures up the entire duration, do not lure prior to the event start, as those will only last 30 minutes. You will know when Community Day is on, just watch for the lag spike, the spinning Pokéball, and the almost inevitable need to restart. Lures will last for three hours then.
- Catch everything you see! The more you catch, the faster you will gain XP! This is why the Go Plus is great, it allows you to focus on Chikorita.
- Use Incense to attract even more Pokémon to you while you’re out hunting.
- Make sure that you keep your Lucky Eggs active the entire duration to maximize your XP!
- Chat with your fellow Trainers and grow your local Pokémon Go community. Make good use of the QR code feature to make some new friends!
- Promote the new Pokémon Go features and events to Trainers who are just starting their adventure or haven’t been playing for a while. For what it is worth, people are coming back around due to trading and these community events.
- Most importantly, have fun, get some shinies, and hope for good network connections!