Palkia is a Tier 5 Legendary Raid Boss in Pokémon GO (54793 Combat Power). Its best Palkia counters are strong Dragon types like Rayquaza, Salamence, Dialga, Palkia, Zekrom and Dragonite. It should be noted that Palkia is only weak to the Dragon and Fairy types.
Palkia can have the following CP values when caught in a post-raid encounter:
- 2190 – 2280 CP in normal weather conditions
- 2737 – 2850 CP in Windy and Rainy weather for weather boosts.
Palkia can be beaten by 3-5 high-level players and 6-9 lower level players.
Palkia Raid Counters
The following Pokémon are considered to be best Palkia raid counters in Pokémon GO.
|#||Pokemon||Fast Move||Charge Move||Time to win||Deaths|
|2.||Dragon Breath||Draco Meteor||651.05s||21.75|
|3.||Dragon Tail||Draco Meteor||648.33s||23.75|
|4.||Dragon Tail||Draco Meteor||629.81s||29.38|
|8.||Dragon Breath||Draco Meteor||672.91s||29.25|
|10.||Dragon Tail||Dragon Claw||661.01s||32.88|
|11.||Dragon Breath||Dragon Claw||679.06s||31.75|
|12.||Dragon Breath||Dragon Claw||698.34s||30.13|
|14.||Dragon Breath||Draco Meteor||733.71s||31.88|
|15.||Dragon Breath||Dragon Claw||736.94s||36.13|
|17.||Volt Switch||Dragon Pulse||773.69s||31.25|
|19.||Dragon Breath||Dragon Pulse||776.43s||32.63|
|20.||Dragon Tail||Dragon Pulse||820.77s||29.38|
|21.||Shadow Claw||Shadow Ball||782.95s||41.75|
|22.||Dragon Breath||Draco Meteor||833.86s||29.38|
|23.||Dragon Tail||Dragon Pulse||814.68s||36.13|
|28.||Dragon Breath||Dragon Claw||920.84s||25.88|
|29.||Dragon Breath||Dragon Claw||922.00s||26.13|
|31.||Hidden Power||Giga Impact||931.74s||32.50|
|33.||Wing Attack||Dragon Claw||861.73s||51.38|
Palkia Moves Analysis
Palkia’s move pool consists of different two Dragon-type fast moves and three differently typed charge moves:
- Draco Meteor is Palkia’s hardest moveset. DM is super effective against all Dragon typed counters and makes the whole fight much harder (like 30% harder). Be very careful against this move, it will wipe you if you’re not careful
- Hydro Pump is almost as dangerous as Draco Meteor. It deals a lot of damage, has STAB and it’s a great move in general, especially when used by a raid boss. Luckily, most counters take neutral or reduced damage from Water attacks
- Fire Blast is Palkia’s easiest charge move, as it deals significantly less damage than Hydro Pump and Draco Meteor, plus it doesn’t have STAB effect.
- Aqua Tail is Palkia’s cheapest charged move but is largely resisted by most Dragon types
Tips on countering Draco Meteor Palkia
- When fighting a Draco Meteor Palkia you should expect to faint a lot
- Draco Meteor is a likely one-hit-KO for most Palkia counters
- We recommend a minimum of 4 people
Palkia will be boosted by Rainy and Windy weather while being more vulnerable in Windy and Cloudy weather.
|Sunny||–||Boosts Palkia’s Fire Blast|
|Windy||Allows a Level 25 Encounter from Weather Boost. Boosts Dragon attackers||Boosts Palkia’s Dragon Breath, Dragon Tail, and Draco Meteor|
|Cloudy||Boosts Fairy attackers||–|
|Rainy||Allows a Level 25 Encounter from Weather Boost.||Boosts Palkia’s Hydro Pump|