Starmie is a Tier 3 Raid Boss in Pokemon GO, with Boss CP of 19044. Due to Starmie’s dual typing (Water and Psychic), it has several strong raid counters. They are essentially Electric, Dark, Grass, Ghost and Bug type Pokemon.
Starmie raid catch CP is as follows:
- 1476 (perfect IV, no weather Boost)
- 1846 (perfect IV, Rainy or Windy)
Starmie can be easily defeated by 2 Trainers and can successfully be soloed due to relatively low defense, low HP and a wide variety of available counters.
Starmie Solo Raid Counters
|Weakness Electric Dark Grass Ghost Bug||Boosted by Rainy Windy|
Despite all of its weaknesses, Starmie can be a box full of surprises due to Hidden Power. With the proper weather boost Rainy, Hydro Pump can be a set back to some of its opponents. Anyway, won’t be a threat due to the variety of counters that it has. Starmie has access to following moves:
- Water Gun Water (fast)
- Hidden Power Normal (fast)
- Hydro Pump Water (1 bar charged)
- Psychic Psychic (1 bar charged)
- Power Gem Rock (2 bar charged)
As Starmie is boosted by Rainy weather (as some of its counters), Sunny weather plus Grass types is the best option to achieve the best results when the time comes. Meta-speaking, Starmie isn’t either powerful or useful.Electric and Ghost counters are our pick in terms of DPS, but if you’re duoing Starmie, feel safe to try out Groudon (Mud Shot/Solar Beam) or give your Shiftry some rotation. Porygon-Z is a great counter too, so why not?
- Gengar with Lick/Shadow Claw Ghost/Shadow Ball Ghost
- Alolan Exeggutor with Bullet Seed Grass/Solar Beam Grass
- Venusaur with Vine Whip Grass/Frenzy Plant Grass
- Tangrowth with Vine Whip Grass/Solar Beam Grass
- Porygon-Z with Charge Beam Electric/Solar Beam Grass
- Electivire with Snarl Dark/Foul Play Dark
- Weavile with Feint Attack Dark/Foul Play Dark
- Leafeon with Razor Leaf Grass/Leaf Blade Grass
- Raichu with Spark Electric/Wild Charge Electric
- Breloom with Bullet Seed Grass/Grass Knot Grass