Best Umbreon counters are strong Fighting and Fairy type Pokemon like Machamp, Hariyama, Togekiss, Breloom and Blaziken. Umbreon Dark is a Raid Boss in Pokemon Go with 12332 Raid Boss CP when a Tier 3. Umbreon can have the following CP values when caught in a post raid capture encounter:
- 1153 – 1221 CP in normal weather conditions
- 1442 – 1526 CP in Fog weather for weather boosts.
If you were seeking a hard Tier 3 Solo challenge after the Stat Rework basically made raids easier, you will find it in Umbreon. Taking weather boosts and friendship bonuses out of the question, the only Pokemon that can manage to Solo a Tier 3 Umbreon are Level 40 Machamps and Breloom. Nothing can come close to penetrating that high defense in the limited 180 seconds you get. Trainers that want a challenge, this is the perfect battle for you.
Umbreon has the following stats: a Max CP of 2137, an Attack of 126, a Defense of 240, and a Stamina of 216. Umbreon has access to:
- Feint Attack Dark and Snarl Dark for Fast Moves.
- Dark Pulse Dark and Foul Play Dark for Charge Moves.
The table below lists best Umbreon counters in Pokemon GO. Calculated using Level 30 counters. Italics indicates Legacy or Exclusive Moves.
|#||Pokemon||Fast Move||Charge Move|
|8.||Low Kick||Focus Blast|
|12.||Bug Bite||Bug Buzz|
Umbreon Counters explained
You all know the drill by now, if there is something that needs to be smacked, you bring out the 4-armed Superpower Pokemon to take care of the trash. Machamp’s lead has only solidified with the Stat Rework, making it the de facto Fighting type for generations to come (Unless another surprise rework comes along).
The Stat Rework did not do a terrible amount of favors to Hariyama, it simply made Breloom a more appealing counter as it can actually survive unlike before, so the likes of a Fat Machamp was not as needed. It does still have respectable stats, and while it cannot manage to Solo without a weather boost, it is a nice option for group raids.
Breloom got a sorely needed buff with the Stat Rework, and made it able to take a pounding, while also dishing out incredible damage. As stated above, Breloom and Machamp are your only available options, outside of weather boost, for a Solo win.
The time to win for these counters are much worse off than those listed above, however these counters are also serviceable when a large group is present. Do not consider any of these counters if you are attempting a Solo Attempt without a Weather Boost.
- Gardevoir with Charge Beam/Dazzling Gleam
- Ursaring with Counter/Play Rough
- Metagross with Bullet Punch/Meteor Mash
- Salamence with Bullet Punch/Meteor Mash
- Hitmonlee with Low Kick/Close Combat
- Primeape with Counter/Close Combat
- In Rainy weather, Pinsir and Scizor can manage to pull off a solo win against Umbreon, bumping the total possible counters to 4 in that weather.
- In Cloudy weather, the list of available counters rises dramatically, allowing Blaziken, Hariyama, Heracross, Lucario, Ursaring, and Hidden Power Fighting or Bug Togekiss to pull off wins against Umbreon in any condition, and Primeape could possibly pull a win if Umbreon is using its Foul Play sets. That could be an interesting challenge if someone had the means to attempt it with some maxed Primeape (if someone had a full team of maxed Primeape for some reason)
Umbreon will be boosted by Fog weather, while being more vulnerable in Rainy and Cloudy weather.
|Cloudy||Boosts Fairy and Fighting counters||–|
|Rainy||Boosts Bug attackers.||–|
|Fog||Allows a Level 25 Encounter from Weather Boost||Boosts Umbreon’s Snarl, Feint Attack, Dark Pulse, and Foul Play|
|#||Pokemon||Fast Move||Charge Move||Time to win||Deaths|
|8.||Emboar||Low Kick||Focus Blast||215.8s||5|
|12.||Yanmega||Bug Bite||Bug Buzz||227.8s||7|
|13.||Pinsir||Bug Bite||X Scissor||226.1s||7|
|14.||Scizor||Fury Cutter||X Scissor||234.1s||7|
|17.||Poliwrath||Rock Smash||Dynamic Punch||258.7s||5|
|18.||Hitmonlee||Low Kick||Close Combat||244.8s||6|
|20.||Gallade||Low Kick||Close Combat||236.2s||7|
|22.||Infernape||Rock Smash||Close Combat||249.8s||6|
|23.||Dialga||Dragon Breath||Draco Meteor||262.6s||5|
|27.||Palkia||Dragon Breath||Draco Meteor||262.0s||6|
|28.||Heatran||Bug Bite||Fire Blast||274.3s||6|