Pokémon HOME version 3.0.0, which will bring compatibility with Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, has finally got a release date of 29th May 2023. The release for version 3.0.0 will be live after maintenance beginning on May 29 at 8 PM EST, 7 PM CST and 5 PM PST.
After an initial accidental announcement of a release date of the 24th May, the Pokémon Company seem confident the 29th May will go ahead as planned, bringing the ability to transfer Pokémon from Pokémon Scarlet and Violet to HOME, and bring certain Pokémon from other games to Pokémon Scarlet and Violet. Importantly for GO players, it also means you can send your Gimmighoul Roaming Form to Pokémon Scarlet and Violet for the first time.
For trainers not aware of what Pokémon HOME is, it is a cloud service that allows you to store Pokémon from a variety of different Pokémon games, including GO, and the main series. It is available on the Switch, and on mobile devices, via your Nintendo account login. You can also trade with friends around the world, surprise trade, receive mystery gifts, and use it to put Pokémon into other Pokémon games. There is a free version with limited storage, and a premium version with 6000 Pokémon spaces. Many trainers who also play the main series games aim to complete their National Pokédex in HOME.
Get a special Pokémon after linking your Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet game! By transferring a Pokémon from Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet into Pokémon HOME for the first time, players will be able to receive a Sprigatito, Fuecoco, and Quaxly with Hidden Abilities as Mystery Gifts in the mobile device version of Pokémon HOME.
Version 3.0.0 Update Information
- Convert Pokémon HOME Points into LP (League Points): Players will be able to exchange Pokémon HOME Points, which they receive based on the number of Pokémon in their Boxes, for LP that they can use in Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet.
- View Game-Specific Details: Players will be able to change a Pokémon’s summary page to display information from other games the Pokémon has been in. Additionally, in the mobile device version of Pokémon HOME, the summary page of Pokémon transferred from Pokémon Bank will now show its stats and information as they were in Pokémon Bank.*
- Changing Moves: From version 3.0.0 onward, when bringing a Pokémon from Pokémon HOME into a linked game, players will be able to change the moves it knows from among a list of moves it has learned up to that point**. This will allow players to have their Pokémon know moves before moving it out of Pokémon HOME.
- Added Challenges and Stickers: If certain challenges are completed in the mobile device version of Pokémon HOME, you can obtain stickers as rewards. You can use the stickers you obtain to customize your profile, so be sure to complete all sorts of challenges to create designs that are uniquely “you”!
- Bring Along Gimmighoul Roaming Form: Players will be able to bring Gimmighoul Roaming Form from Pokémon GO into Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet via Pokémon HOME. Previously only Gimmighoul Chest Form is available in Scarlet and Violet.
*In the Nintendo Switch version of Pokémon HOME, this feature can be used while viewing your Pokémon HOME Boxes without being connected to a game. Also, please be aware that Pokémon sent to Pokémon HOME from Pokémon Bank cannot be returned to Pokémon Bank.
**Limited to moves that can be learned in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield, Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl (some moves excluded), Pokémon Legends: Arceus, and Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet.