Eevee is one of the most versatile Pokemon in Pokemon GO, with it’s evolutions being a strong budget addition to every Type-themed team. As Eevee is an important character in the Celebi quest line, it is important to know how to get each and every Eeveelution in Pokemon GO.
In this wiki entry, we’re laying out the definitive methods of obtaining every Eevee evolution in Pokemon GO, including naming tricks, chances to get an evolution from randomly evolving and more.
Eevee name tricks in Pokemon GO
Eevee naming tricks work only once in Pokemon GO. Here are the Eeevee nickname tricks for Generation 1 and 2:
Alternative Eevee evolution methods
Espeon and Umbreon evolution can be forced even if you already used the naming tricks once. In order to evolve them, you need to:
- Walk 10 KM (and earn 2 Candy in the process)
- Evolve while keeping them as your buddy
- Evolve during day => Espeon
- Evolve during night => Umbreon
Chance to get every random Gen 1 evolution
In order to get at least one Jolteon, Vaporeon and Flareon from random evolutions, you need to have 10 – 13 Eevee in order to have a 95% to 98% chance that you will get at least one of each. Credits for this number go to a redditor by the name Bad_Neighbour, who has done a series of calculations and concluded that this is the magic number range.
Common misconceptions and gotchas
- A common misconception / rumor is that Jolteon / Vaporeon / Flareon naming tricks work again if you walk 10 KM with that particular Eevee. That is wrong – the naming tricks work only once per Trainer.
- For Umbreon and Espeon, you actually need to fulfill both conditions: have 10 KM walked and earn 2 Candy from walking. In other words, if you switch your Eevee as a buddy and manage to get 10 KM without actually earning 2 Candy, the forced evolution method won’t worked.