The Pokémon GO Plus is an accessory designed so you can play Pokémon GO without using your phone. You can catch Pokémon and spin PokéStops just by pressing the button. It can even track your distance, which in turn help you hatch eggs and walk with your buddy at the same time. It costs 34.99 USD on official retailers. Cost outside the US may vary. It uses a 2032 lithium coin battery that can last you a month on average.
How to Connect
- Pair your Phone and Pokémon GO Plus. The Pokémon GO Plus button should flash white when you press it. (Pairing process may vary on phones)
- Open the Pokémon GO App and Go to Settings then select Pokémon GO Plus.
- Press the button in your Pokémon GO Plus. The device should appear in the Available Devices section below.If it doesn’t, restart your Bluetooth and repeat. If it still doesn’t, report to Niantic Support.
- Press the detected Pokémon GO Plus device below Available Devices and it should load for a few seconds.
- Once the symbol turned green, you are now connected.
- If your Pokémon Go Plus ever fails to connect, resetting it usually solves the problem. To reset a Pokémon Go Plus, simply hold the button for approx. 5 seconds until the light goes solid blue. Release the button and immediately hold it for a further 5 seconds until it vibrates. The device has now been reset. Go back to step 1 to connect it as a new Bluetooth device.
How to Use
Once connected, it has the following alerts:
- Green – nearby Pokémon that you have already caught before
- Yellow – nearby Pokémon that you haven’t caught yet
- Blue – nearby PokéStop
- Red – connection problem (either phone is too far away or no internet connection)
Pressing the button will attempt to catch the Pokémon or spin the PokéStop. The following alerts will appear depending on the outcome:
- Multi-Color – Successfully caught / spun
- Red – No more Poké Ball / Failed to catch / spin
- White – Storage is full.
Things to Consider
- When catching Pokémon using this device, it will only have one attempt in catching the Pokémon. Once you failed to catch it, it will run away.
- The device will only use Poké Balls in catching Pokémon, and won’t use other Balls when you run out.
- The catch rate of the Pokémon is the same as using a Poké Ball on a straight throw.
- It will always prioritize Pokémon over PokéStops.
- The device can only connect to your Phone for one hour and will disconnect automatically after that time limit.
- You can catch Pokémon and spin PokéStops even when Mass Evolving and doing raids.
- When you spin a stop successfully, the amount of vibration you get is the number of items you collected.
- GO Plus Page – Pokemon.com