Pokémon GO Latias is a dual typed Dragon and Psychic Pokémon and the female counterpart to Latios, making up the Eon Duo. As a legendary Pokémon first found in the Hoenn region, it does not evolve to or from any other Pokémon. Latias has a Max CP of 3377, with an ATK of 228, a DEF of 268, and STA of 160. Its ATK and DEF stats are an inverse of Latios’s.
Latias is expected to be a Level 5 raid boss obtainable after the box art legendaries, Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza, run their course. Our Latias Raid Boss is available for reading.
In the Pokémon Universe, Latias is known to be 100% female, however due to an error in Pokémon Go’s coding Latias is coded to be 100% male. It is unknown if this will be changed before its release.
Written by Kristy
Latias in the Pokémon GO meta
Although we expected more from Latias, its stats are balanced better than a few of the other Dragon types above it. It has great bulk, higher than any other dragon in Pokémon GO, giving it the 11th highest defense in the game, and although its attack is lower than the other dragons, it is still not too bad. It is tied for last place in terms of stamina, with Latios having the same stamina of 160. Comparing it to the top dragon, Rayquaza beats out most of the dragons, with the highest CP, attack, and stamina of all of them.
|Dragon Types||MAX CP||ATK||DEF||STA|
From a Psychic type perspective, Latias is just barely better than the mythical mons, Mew, Celebi and Jirachi but ranks 5th in highest CP. Mewtwo beats out the Psychic types in terms of attack and max cp, and Lugia beats Latias as well with a higher defense and stamina. Latias is tied in second to last place for stamina, sharing 160 with both Metagross and Latios, only Espeon being lower than that.
|Psychic Types||MAX CP||ATK||DEF||STA|
Its typing makes it a bit hard to use all that bulk, as it has a lot of weaknesses, though the dragon typing gives it a good amount of resistances as well.
Since legendaries cannot be placed in gyms, it can be simply used as a bulky attacker against gyms and raid bosses. Dragon’s super-effectiveness against itself makes it hard to use it against popular gym holder, Dragonite, but it is a decent choice nonetheless.
Sadly, for raw power from the Psychic and Dragon perspective it will likely be beaten out by Latios, or Rayquaza, because they are more powerful in terms of attack from the Dragon side and Mewtwo although it is much less bulky, it deals a lot more damage.
Latias moves and best movesets in Pokémon GO
Best moveset: Dragon Breath and Dragon Claw — double Dragon
Latias gets access to a few good STAB and coverage moves in both its fast and charge move slots. Its movepool is very close to Latios’s, only differing in one charge move.
- Dragon Breath Dragon (fast)
- Zen Headbutt Psychic (fast)
- Psychic Psychic (charged, 1 bar)
- Thunder Electric (charged, 1 bar)
- Dragon Claw Dragon (charged, 3 bars)
Its best move set would be Dragon Breath and Dragon Claw. For the same reason as Latios, Dragon Breath hits a bit faster than Zen Headbutt, and Dragon Claw hits more times per energy cycle than Psychic and Thunder since it is 3 bars.
Psychic and Thunder are both base power 100 while Dragon Claw is 50, so if Dragon Claw gets to hit 3 times in the time the other two moves hit once, then it is truly dealing about 150 base power in a single cycle. With the Dragon type STAB, Dragon Claw will actually deal 180 damage.
Shiny Latias in Pokemon GO
The Eon Duo are highly sought after shinies in the main games. Regular Latias has a red and white body with a teal triangle on its stomach and yellow eyes. Its shiny is hard to miss as all the red on its body turns to a bright yellow, and the triangle on its chest as well as its eyes both turn lime green.
Fun facts about Latias
- In the movie Pokémon Heroes: Latios and Latias, the 5th Pokémon movie, it is shown to have the ability to transform into humans, often taking the form of its caretaker, a human girl.
- Latias actually made her anime debut, along with Latios, in Pokémon Heroes.
- The Eon Duo seem to be mixes between dragons, birds and jet planes. In Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, you can fly on them in their mega evolution forms to reach different areas of the game.
- Its Ruby Pokedex entry states that it has feathers. It also states that it is highly sensitive to human emotions.
- Its Alpha Sapphire Pokedex entry states that, like Latios, Latias is highly intelligent and capable of understanding human speech.
- Its signature move is a Psychic move called Mist Ball.