Pokémon GO Latios is a dual typed Dragon and Psychic Pokémon, and the counterpart to Latias, making up the Eon Duo. As a legendary Pokémon it does not evolve to or from any other Pokémon.
Latios has a MAX CP of 3644 with an ATK of 268, a DEF of 228, and STA of 160. Its ATK and DEF stats are an inverse of Latias’s.
Latios is a Level 5 raid boss that will be available 2nd of April until May 8 in North America, South America, and Africa, and from May 8 until June 5 Latios will will appear in Raid Battles across Europe and Asia. Our Latios Raid Guide is available.
Written by Kristy
Latios in the Pokémon GO meta
Latios has a great attack stat, and overall it stacks up well against other powerful Dragon and Psychic types. It is a bit of a glass cannon with its stamina being so low, but its attack and defense make up greatly for it. Overall, with its stats, Latios should be able to fire off a few really hard attacks before it goes down.
Latios’s stats are pretty high among the Dragon types, its max CP being the second highest of all the Dragon types, and only one below Rayquaza since it was nerfed. Its attack is still second best to the green serpent, however, making it 9th for top attack in the game so far. Its defense is only lower than Latias. It is tied in last place for stamina with Latias as well.
|Dragon Types||MAX CP||ATK||DEF||STA|
Among the Psychic types it is third place for max CP and second for attack, only being beaten out by Mewtwo for both stats. It has tied stamina with Latias and Metagross at 160, and is better than Mewtwo mythical trio in terms of defense.
|Psychic Types||MAX CP||ATK||DEF||STA|
Its dual typing gives it an equal amount of resistances and weaknesses. Latios takes super effective damage from Bug, Dark, Fairy, Dragon, Ghost and Ice. However, it takes reduced damage from Electric, Fire, Grass, Fighting, Psychic and Water.
Latios moves and best movesets in Pokémon GO
Best moveset: Dragon Breath and Dragon Claw — double Dragon
Latios has a very similar movepool to its counterpart, Latias, only differing in one charge move. It gets access to a lot of good STAB moves and coverage in both fast and charge move slots.
- Dragon Breath Dragon (fast)
- Zen Headbutt Psychic (fast)
- Psychic Psychic (charged, 1 bar)
- Solar Beam Grass (charged, 1 bar)
- Dragon Claw Dragon (charged, 3 bars)
The best move set for Latios is Dragon Breath and Dragon Claw. For the same reason as Latias, Dragon Breath hits a bit faster than Zen Headbutt, and Dragon Claw hits more times per energy cycle than Psychic and Thunder since it is 3 bars.
Psychic is base power 100, and Solar Beam is base 180, while Dragon Claw is 50, so if Dragon Claw gets to hit 3 times in the time the other two moves hit once, then it is truly dealing about 150 base power in a single cycle. With the Dragon type STAB, Dragon Claw will actually deal 180, putting it on the same level as Solar Beam, but having a double dragon move set is more beneficial.
Shiny Latios in Pokemon GO
The Eon duo are highly sought after shinies in the main games. Normally, Latios appears with a light blue and white body, a red triangle on its chest and red eyes. As a shiny it turns into an aqua-teal with an orange triangle on its chest and orange eyes.
Fun facts about Latios
- It made its anime debut with Latias in the 5th Pokémon Movie, Pokémon Heroes: Latios and Latias
- The Eon Duo seem to be mixes between dragons, birds and jet planes. In Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, you can fly on them in their mega evolution forms to reach different areas of the game.
- Latios’s Fire Red and Leaf Green Pokedex entry states that It has a docile temperament and dislikes fighting.
- It can fly faster than a jet plane by tucking in its back wings.
Its Omega Ruby Pokedex entry states that, like Latias, it is highly intelligent and can understand human speech.
- It will only open its heart to a trainer with a compassionate spirit, as mentioned in both its Alpha Sapphire and Sapphire Pokedex entries.
- It has a signature Psychic type move called Luster Purge.