Spheal Community Day takes place on Sunday, January 16, 2022. Trainers will be able to encounter shiny Spheal, and evolve a Walrein that knows Icicle Spear (new charged move) and Powder Snow (fast move).
You don’t want to skip this Community Day. Walrein will become meta relevant in all three leagues after January Community Day, despite the presence of established Ice types across those formats. It may even become THE go-to Ice type in Master League especially.
Date and Time
Sunday, January 16, 2022, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time
Tip: We are still in the Season of Heritage, and all applicable bonuses / challenges apply. During January 2022, Trainers can earn XP to make progress on Spark’s Timed Research and unlock rewards like the Goomy Hat avatar item. 3x XP will come in handy.
Exclusive Move: Icicle SpearWalrein
Evolve Sealeo (Spheal’s Evolution) during the event or up to two hours afterward to get a Walrein that knows the Charged Attack Icicle Spear Ice and Fast Attack Powder Snow Ice.
Walrein with Powder Snow Ice and Icicle Spear Ice is just insanely powerful in both the Great and the Ultra League and goes head to head with Mamoswine when used in the Master League.
Icicle Spear Ice stats
|Trainer Battles||Gyms and Raids|
|60 damage||60 damage|
|-35 energy||-33 energy|
|No buffs||2.2s duration|
In Trainer Battles, Icicle Spear is an incredible addition to the game, and it transforms Walrein into an absolute powerhouse.
Walrein has excellent coverage with Earthquake Ground and Icicle Spear Ice as charged moves, and it doesn’t require XL Candy to reach its full Ultra League potential.
An in-depth analysis was shared on the Hub earlier – Under The Lights: Community Day Walrein. Infographic below was created by Stadium Gaming:
- 3× Catch XP
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours
- Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!
- There’ll be a special one-time-purchase Community Day Box available for 1,280 PokéCoins, featuring 50 Ultra Balls, five Super Incubators, five Lucky Eggs and an Elite Fast TM.
- A bundle containing 30 Ultra Balls will be available in the shop at no cost. Be sure to pick them up during the event!
Community Day Special Research Story: The Spheal Deal
For US$1.00 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the Spheal Community Day–exclusive Special Research story, The Spheal Deal!
Tickets are nonrefundable (subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service). Please note that this Special Research will not include an in-game medal.
The Sheal Deal Tasks and Rewards
The Spheal Deal (1/4)
- Power up Pokémon 10 times – 15x PokéBall
- Catch 15 Spheal – Spheal encounter
- Make 5 Nice Throws – 20x Spheal Candy
- Rewards: 2000 Stardust, Spheal encounter, 1x Lucky Egg
The Spheal Deal (2/4)
- Catch 15 Spheal – 30x Spheal Candy
- Transfer 10 Pokémon – Sealeo encounter
- Evolve 3 Spheal – 10x Pinap Candy
- Rewards: 1500 EXP, Spheal encounter, 1x Incense
The Spheal Deal (3/4)
- Make 3 Great Curveball Throws – 50x Spheal Candy
- Evolve a Sealeo – 1x Star Piece
- Transfer 10 Pokémon – 15x Great Ball
- Rewards: 2500 EXP, Rocket. Radar, 15x Ultra Ball
The Spheal Deal (4/4)
- Claim Reward! – 2x Silver Pinap Berry
- Claim Reward! – Spheal encounter
- Claim Reward! – 3500x EXP
- Rewards: 3000 Stardust, Walrein encounter, 2x Rare Candy
Shiny Spheal family
Shiny Spheal, Sealeo and Walrein will be available during this event. Evolving Sealeo costs 25 Spheal Candy, and Walrein requires another 100 Spheal Candy.