Coming this week in Pokémon GO, commencing 17th October, we have the end of the Festival of Lights, the spooky Halloween event, Taipei Safari Zone and more!
Halloween Event – Part 1
Part 1 of the annual Halloween event starts on 20th October, bringing with the the debut of Mega Banette, and the release of two brand new shinies, Noibat and Galarian Yamask!
- 2× Candy for catching Pokémon.
- 2× Candy for hatching Pokémon.
- 2× Candy for transferring Pokémon.
- Trainers level 31 and above will receive one guaranteed Candy XL when walking with their buddy.
Festival of Lights
Festival of Lights (2022) takes place October 14 – October 17, 2022, and brings Morelull and Shiinotic to the world of Pokémon GO. Keep an eye out for illuminating Pokémon, as some Pokémon will glow at night time during this event!
- 2x XP for Catching Pokémon
- 2x Candy for Catching Pokémon
- Incense activated during the event will last for 2 hours, and spawn event–specific Pokémon
- You'll have an increased chance of encountering Shiny Chinchou!
- Morelull and Shiinotic, the Illuminating Pokémon, make their Pokémon GO debut
- Event-themed stickers will be obtainable by spinning PokéStops, opening gifts, or purchasing from the in-game shop
Taipei Safari Zone
The Taipei Safari Zone takes place from October 21, 2022 to October 23, 2022. It will see the release of shiny Finneon for the first time!
GO Battle League Season 12
- GO Battle League: Season of Light will start on Thursday, September 1, 2022, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT -7)
- End-of-Season rewards will be available on the battle screen.
- Your GO Battle League rank will be reset.
- Rank-up requirements will remain the same as the prior Season.
Oct 13-Oct 20
Oct 20-Oct 27
- 🔵 Great League
- 🎃 Halloween Cup
Tuesday 18th October 6pm till 7pm local time we have Misdreavus as the featured Pokémon for spotlight hour, along with a 2x XP for catching Pokémon.
Wednesday 19th October 6pm till 7pm local time Xerneas will be appearing in raids for raid hour.
October 2022 Research Breakthrough
From October 1, 2022, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT -7) to November 1, 2022 at 1:00 p.m.
PDT (GMT -7) Shedinja will be the weekly research breakthrough box reward. For the first time in Pokémon GO, it can be shiny!
From October 8, 2022 to Friday, October 20, 2022 Mega Manectric will be appearing in Mega Raids.
From October 20, 2022 to November 8, 2022 Mega Banette will be appearing in Mega Raids.
Five Star Raids
From October 8 to October 20, 2022, Xerneas will be appearing in Five-Star Raids. It will be making their shiny debut!
From October 20 to October 27, 2022, Giratina Altered Forme will be appearing in Five-Star Raids.
October Research Tasks
For a full list of October 2022 research tasks and rewards check out our article here.
Season of Light Special Research
Full guide here: A Cosmic Companion Special Research (Season of Light)
Season of Light Special Research is available to claim from Thursday, September 1, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. to Thursday, December 1, 2022, at 9:59 a.m. local time. New parts of the Special Research will unlock over the course of the Season, so be sure to follow along!
Save Shadow Latios!
Giovanni doesn’t do anything half way! After trainers around the world saved Shadow Latias, the Team GO Rocket Boss has managed to get his hands on a Shadow Latios. It needs your help! Get ready to face off against Giovanni and save Shadow Latios.
Season of Light
Season of Light Bonuses
- From September 1, 2022, 10:00 AM - December 1, 2022, 10:00 AM
- Cosmog, the Legendary Nebula Pokémon, debuts in Pokémon GO
- Season long Special Research featuring Cosmog, with a new chapter releasing every month
- Increased damage for Pokémon participating in Raids remotely
- Guaranteed Gifts from PokéStop spins
- Increased Incense effectiveness while moving
- Up to two free Raid Passes per day by spinning Gym Photo Discs
- Additional items from Research Breakthroughs
- Increased Stardust reward for Research Breakthroughs
- Increased Stardust from Gifts
- Cosmog Hat avatar item available in the in-game shop
- Season-themed stickers available from Gifts, PokéStops and the in-game shop
Different Pokémon will be appearing in the wild during the Season, including iconic Pokémon from all generations. As the Season changes, different Pokémon will be appearing in different areas across the world.
Beach & Water
Season of Light Eggs
The following Pokémon will be hatching from Eggs this Season.