Attention, Trainers from the US! Niantic and Verizon are partnering to hold a Special Weekend event is taking place on November 7th, 2020. In order to participate in the event, Trainers need to be subscribed to Verizon mobile plans and sign in to the Verizon Up app.
The rewards are quite similar to other Special Weekend events (Pokémon GO + GrubHub Special Weekend Event (US Only) and Mexican Pokémon GO 7-Eleven Special Weekend brings Shiny Ferroseed), but there are some nuances.
Let’s see what’s coming. Remember, this is a US exclusive event.
Date + Time
- Ticket redemption:
- from Tuesday, October 20, 2020, at 6:00 a.m. PDT (GMT −7),
- to Saturday, November 7, 2020, at 11:00 a.m. PST (GMT −8)
- Event day: Saturday, November 7, 2020, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. local time
- Complete the event Timed Research to earn
- XP, Stardust, three Incense, a Star Piece, and 100 Charizard Mega Energy,
- as well as encounters with Chansey, Spoink, Absol, Bronzor, Gible, and Sewaddle!
- The following Pokémon will be attracted to Incense during the event: Bulbasaur, Charizard, Squirtle, Pikachu, Unown V, Unown Z, Sableye, Patrat, Minccino, and Ferroseed. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Ferroseed!
- Please note that Shiny Unown will not be appearing during this event.
- Incense activated during the event will last for one hour.
How to claim a ticket
To obtain a Special Weekend ticket, be sure to sign in to the Verizon Up rewards program app with your Verizon ID or mobile phone number. Only one ticket can be redeemed per Pokémon GO account. Codes are personal and cannot be transferred. If you’re eligible, unlock your tickets here.
- Tickets will be available in the Verizon Up app for eligible Verizon users from Tuesday, October 20, 2020, at 6:00 a.m. PDT (GMT −7) to Saturday, November 7, 2020, at 11:00 a.m. PST (GMT −8).
- After claiming your tickets through Verizon, Trainers need to redeem them on the Niantic Redemption portal, from October 20, 2020, at 6:00 a.m. PDT (GMT −7), to November 7, 2020, at 11:00 a.m. PST (GMT −8). Redeem the codes on the Niantic Redemption portal to unlock them in the Pokémon GO app.
Exclusive Verizon avatar items
Also starting today, October 20, eligible Verizon users will be able to unlock the exclusive Verizon avatar items in Pokémon GO! Trainers will be able to obtain codes for these avatar items by signing in to the Verizon Pokémon GO page. The following items will be available:
- The Verizon Mask avatar item
- The Verizon Hoodie avatar item
More Verizon avatar items will be available at a later date, so stay tuned for updates!
Codes will be available in the Verizon Pokémon GO portal for eligible Verizon users from Tuesday, October 20, 2020, at 6:00 a.m. PDT (GMT −7) to Thursday, December 31, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. PST (GMT −8).
Codes must be redeemed on the [Niantic Offer Redemption portal from Tuesday, October 20, 2020, at 6:00 a.m. PDT (GMT −7) to Thursday, December 31, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. PST (GMT −8).
Sponsored Verizon gifts
Also starting today, October 20, in certain regions across the United States, all Trainers will be able to receive a Sponsored Verizon Gift upon spinning select PokéStops for the first time each day. Trainers can open these Gifts to earn in-game items and also see a special message from Verizon.
More Verizon and Pokémon GO
- Select Verizon stores in the United States will become Sponsored PokéStops or Gyms in Pokémon GO.
- All Trainers will be able to spin these Verizon Sponsored PokéStops to receive Sponsored Field Research tasks. Stay tuned to learn more about when these locations are going to be available.
- And coming later in 2021, Trainers in certain parts of the United States will be able to participate in scheduled Legendary Raids in their local Verizon Gyms.