Coming this week in Pokémon GO, commencing 25th October, we have the second week of the spooky Halloween event and more!
Season 9 GO Battle League
GO Battle League Season 9 will start on Monday, August 30, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7).
Between October 11 – October 25 the following leagues will be featured:
- Great League
- Halloween Cup (begins Oct 15)
Between October 25 – November 08 the following leagues will be featured:
- Ultra League
- Ultra League Premier Classic
- Halloween Cup (ends Nov 2)
Pokémon GO Halloween: Ghoulish Pals
From Friday, October 15, 2021, to Sunday, October 31, 2021, costumed Pokémon will return for our annual spooky event! Shiny Spinarak will be released, and Drifblim, Piplup and Pikachu will all feature wearing costumes. Galarian Slowking, Phantump and Pumpkaboo will make their Pokémon GO debut! The Lavendar Town music will also be in live in game so be sure to turn your sound on.
From Friday, October 22, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Sunday, October 31, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time ‘Ghoulish Pals’ that are Ghost types will be featured.
‘What Lies beneath the Mask?’ Special Research Story
Mega Absol will be making their debut, appearing in Mega Raids from Friday, October 22, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Friday, November 5, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time.
Five Star Raids
Darkrai that knows the attack Sludge Bomb will be appearing in five-star raids from Friday, October 22, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Friday, November 5, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time. This is the first time that Darkrai will be appearing in Pokémon GO with this attack! If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny one!
October Research Tasks
For a full list of the October Research tasks, including both the season, and permanent tasks, check out our article here.
Giovanni is Missing
Super Rocket Radars won’t be able to track down Giovanni during the Season of Mischief, so no need to keep them equipped.
Season of Mischief
When Hoopa summoned Legendary Pokémon to Pokémon GO during Pokémon GO Fest 2021, time and space were distorted. Hoopa has also brought Pokémon originally discovered in the Galar region to Pokémon GO for the first time! Be sure to follow along during the Season to see what else might happen! The Season of Mischief will run from Wednesday, September 1, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Wednesday, December 1, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time.
Beginning September 1, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. local time, you’ll be able to access a season-long Special Research story. Throughout the Season of Mischief, you’ll gain access to different sets of tasks in this Special Research story. For instance, you’ll be able to encounter Confined Hoopa by completing a set of tasks that’ll unlock beginning September 5.
Different Pokémon will be appearing in the wild! As the seasons change, different Pokémon will be appearing in different areas across the world!
- Cities: Shuppet, Trubbish, Gothita, and more
- Forests: Teddiursa, Shelmet, Karrablast, and more
- Mountains: Geodude, Rhyhorn, Slugma, and more
- Bodies of water: Krabby, Horsea, Mantine and more
- Northern hemisphere: Jigglypuff, Slowpoke, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Bidoof, Autumn Form Deerling, and more.
- Southern hemisphere: Clefairy, Roselia, Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Tympole, Spring Form Deerling, and more.
Different Pokémon will be hatching from Eggs! The following Pokémon will be hatching from Eggs this Season.
- Female Nidoran, Male Nidoran, Barboach, Drifloon, and more will be hatching from 2 km Eggs.
- Seel, Pineco, Sableye, Chingling, and more will be hatching from 5 km Eggs.
- Audino, Mienfoo, and more will be hatching from 10 km Eggs.
- Shieldon, Cranidos, female Frillish, and more will be hatching from 5 km Eggs earned from Adventure Sync rewards.
- Riolu, Deino, Noibat, and more will be hatching from 10 km Eggs earned from Adventure Sync rewards.