Trainers, Chimchar will be appearing everywhere from 11 am to 2 pm in your local timezone on November 16th, as part of Pokémon GO November Community Day. As usual for all community days thus far, its shiny form will be released, and it will have the exclusive move Blast Burn.
|Community Day Pokémon|
|Date and Time||November 16th, 2019
11 am to 2 pm in your local time zone
|Exclusive Move||Blast Burn Fire|
In this guide, we detail everything you need to know about Chimchar, the Chimp Pokémon, leading up to your Community Day, including perfect catch CP, weather influence, catching tips and more.
Shiny Chimchar, Monferno, and Infernape will be released during November Community Day:
Chimchar is a Fire type Pokémon boosted by Sunny weather. A Perfect level 30 Chimchar has 820 CP, while a perfect weather boosted Chimchar has 889 at level 35. Catch CP is crucial, regardless of where you get your Chimchar from, so catch everything above 800 CP, regardless of IVs.
Below is a handy table with all possible perfect IV Chimchar CP values:
In order to be ready for Chimchar Community Day, we suggest to bring the following items as a good preparation for the event:
- 6 Star Pieces
- 6 Lucky Eggs
- 150 – 250 Pinap Berries
- 300 Poké Balls (mixed, but Great and Ultra are always welcomed)
- 6 Incense
- Lure Modules
- Infinite/3-use/Super Incubators
Regardless of the Community Day bonus, it is always a good idea to maximize on XP gain and bring some Lucky Eggs. While XP gain is not boosted during the 3-hour window, Chimchar is a rather easy catch, especially at lower CP values. Plenty of PokéBalls and berries are necessary for accomplishing this task, and we here at GO Hub recommend a healthy mix of the three types; Standard, Great, and Ultra.
Even more necessary is the use of Star Pieces. Catching all Pokémon for XP is one thing, but Stardust is far more of an important resource overall and should be a priority. Kill two birds with one stone, and turn on a Star Piece for 150 Stardust per catch.
The spotlight of this Community Day’s bonuses is the 1/4 Egg Hatch Distance, which will result in hatching eggs much faster and adding to the abundance of XP and Stardust given the Lucky Eggs and Star Pieces. Below is a handy table to know when you’ll be hatching what egg, with what incubator!
|Egg Type||2 km||5 km||7 km||10 km|
|Regular Incubator||0.50 km||1.25 km||1.75 km||2.50 km|
|Super Incubator||0.33 km||0.83 km||1.17 km||1.67 km|
As you can see, the best practice is to clean out your incubators prior to Community Day, and if you have Super Incubators, try to net rarer Pokémon from 10 KM eggs at only 1.67 KM!
Reminder: It is best to set timers on your phone to remember the next Lucky Egg or Star Piece!
- Chimchar is boosted by Sunny weather
- Weather boosted Pokémon have an IV floor of 4/4/4 and can be caught up to level 35
- In-game weather is affected by level 11 S2 cells, which means it is possible you have favorable weather in your vicinity
|Research Encounters||Level 15|
|Weather-boosted wild spawns||Levels 25-35|
Where Can You Encounter Chimchar?
- In the wild
- In 2km eggs
Chimchar Field Research
The rewards for the task “Catch 3 Chimchar” are as follows:
- Chimchar encounter (CP range 316-410)
- 1x Golden Razz Berry
- 500 Stardust
- 5 Great Balls
- 2 Ultra Balls
- 2 Pinap Berries
Chimchar evolved during Community Day will know the exclusive charge move Blast Burn Fire. Blast Burn has proved to be a dominant Fire-type move, especially being used in PvP.
|Pokémon||Fast Move||Charge Move||DPS||TDO|
|Fire Spin||Blast Burn||15.28||571.48|
|Fire Spin||Blast Burn||15.93||503.68|
|Fire Spin||Blast Burn||15.63||507.89|
As evident from the table above, Infernape comes out dead last in terms of stat totals, and second to last in terms of both DPS and TDO, only better than Charizard and Blaziken for those respective stats. Entei and Moltres still rule supreme with STAB movesets, and Blaziken’s DPS is still far better for PvP. Infernape with Blast Burn is the most budget option for a Fire-type attacker at this point, and does not present any new, meta-shaking standard.
Community Day Box
Chimchar Community Day Box contains the following items:
- 30x Ultra Ball
- 2x Super Incubator
- 2x Star Piece
- 2x Lucky Egg
Unfortunately, the value is simply not there – we recommend buying these items separately if you need them. The Box is very expensive for what it contains and it doesn’t even give Lure Modules, which is a staple item for Community Days. If it was 3x each item + a Lure, it would be a fair deal.
What to Bring
- A good route! Every community day is different, and with 1/4 egg hatch distance it is important to maximize your total eggs hatched. The best places to go are parks, large shopping centers, or just a place with many spawn points and safe walkways!
- If you’ll be walking a lot, water and good walking shoes! Don’t hurt yourself!
- BAG SPACE! This writer cannot stress enough the importance of clearing your bag out before a community day, especially when you want to catch as much as possible.
- The new search terms for 0*, 1*, 2*, 3*, and 4* are handy in this if you care about IVs, as they will search all Pokémon of that star rating rather quickly.
- Items! As stated above, lucky eggs, star pieces, super incubators, and raid passes are vital for this community day, and maximizing your rewards in terms of XP and Stardust. On top of that, don’t forget to stock up on BALLS AND BERRIES! Poké Balls are a must-have, especially for Go-Plus, PokéBall-Plus, or Gotcha users, however a healthy mix of Great/Ultra in there is good for ensuring shiny catches. Berry-wise, doing raids will help to get lots of Golden Razz Berries for the same purpose, and spin stops for Pinap Berries if you don’t already have enough Chimchar candy.
- Maximized spawns! Make sure to bring plenty of lures to drop RIGHT AS community day starts, and Incense to maximize personal spawns of Pokémon as well, again towards the goal of maximizing total XP and Stardust.
Chimchar Community Day, with all its shortcomings, both in bonus and exclusive move, will see a fan-favorite starter get a 3-hour spotlight. This trend will hopefully continue into the new year, as this is the last regular Community Day of 2019! December will see a two-day event with some form of wrap-up for the year’s Community Days, lots of bonuses, and another chance at some visually striking shinies! The regularly scheduled Community Days should continue in January, and as we saw at the beginning of 2019, could mean Piplup as the next featured Pokémon.