|Cyndaquil Community Day Guide|
|Cyndaquil Community day event times in various regions|
|Cyndaquil CP and IV & 100% Search String|
|Shiny Cyndaquil, Quilava and Typhlosion|
|Recommended Items for Advanced Players|
|General Event Tips and Tricks|
Cyndaquil Community Day is a special three hour long event that features dramatically increased Cyndaquil spawns, Cyndaquil themed field research and the first release of shiny Cyndaquil, Quilava and Typhlosion in Pokemon GO. Every Typhlosion evolved during the Community day time frame will know Blast Burn Fire, an exclusive Fire starter move that dramatically improves it’s performance. This guide covers everything you need to know about the event: Cyndaquil IV chart, 100% CPs across all levels, event bonuses and starting times, which items you should bring to the event and how to get the maximum out of the event. Niantic has confirmed that you can evolve Quilava to Typhlosion and get Blast Burn up to +1 hour after the event ends in your local time.
Cyndaquil community day info graphics
Cyndaquil Community day event times in various regions
Cyndaquil Community Day takes place on November 10, 2018 at the following times (all times are expressed in UTC, use this website to figure out your local time):
|Asian-Pacific region||3:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. UTC|
|Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and India||10:00 a.m. to 13:00 p.m. UTC|
|Americas and Greenland||7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. UTC|
Event bonuses include:
- 2x catch experience
- 2x catch stardust
- 3 hour long lures
- Exclusive Typhlosion move
Item recommendations for Cyndaquil CD
As already outlined in our Stardust bonus charts and farming guide: Stardust Blast and Cyndaquil Community Day edition, this CD event is special for giving 4x Stardust from catch (Stardust Blast overlaps with Cyndaquil CD).
With that being said, we can only advise you to use the following items:
|Star Piece||Mandatory. This is your bread and butter Stardust farming tool during the event, there simply isn’t anything better you can use during the Community Day event.|
|Gotcha / GO Plus||As only catch stardust is quadrupled, you don’t want to miss out on any spawns. Make sure you’re getting the maximum by using a Gotcha, GO Plus, or even better, a modded GO Plus.|
|Super Incubator||You will be walking a lot, so making sure you’re incubating and Super Incubating as much eggs as possible is always a good idea. Stardust Blast event is active, so your Egg hatches are doubled.|
Of course, add on top of this all the regular stuff:
- Poke Balls,
- Lucky Eggs,
- Lure modules and
Cyndaquil CP and IV chart
No Community Day guide would be complete without a look at the CP potential in caught Cyndaquil. If you are looking to see what makes a 100% Cyndaquil, here is not only a chart, but a graphic made by the lovely Couple of Gaming and a text string to use in game to check for potential 100s.
- 537 – 712 CP is the level 30 CP Cyndaquil range
- 712 CP is 100% without Weather Boost
- 604 – 771 CP is a level 35 CP Cyndaquil range
- 771 CP is 100% with Weather Boost Sunny
- This is the absolute best you can find in the wild.
Shiny Cyndaquil Family
Shiny Cyndaquil is rather noticeable, featuring a brown color scheme that should be easy to notice even in direct sunlight. Here is the whole family in shiny form, in all of its glory:
General Event Tips and Tricks
- Being late is never a good thing, get around your spot early and see what changes into Cyndaquil.
- Pokémon you have not caught prior to the event start can turn into Cyndaquil, it is best to wait to catch until the event starts.
- Be patient – there will be errors and bugs at the start of the event. It is best to restart the app in some, if not most, cases.
- To ensure that you have Lures up the entire duration, do not lure prior to the event start, as those will only last 30 minutes. You will know when Community Day is on, just watch for the lag spike, the spinning Pokéball, and the almost inevitable need to restart. Lures will last for three hours then.
- Use Incense to attract even more Pokémon to you while you’re out hunting. If you are wondering, yes Incense can spawn Community Day ‘mons, that can be shiny. Incense is worth it.
- Chat with your fellow Trainers and grow your local Pokémon Go community. Make good use of the QR code feature to make some new friends!
- Promote the new Pokémon Go features and events to Trainers who are just starting their adventure or haven’t been playing for a while. People are coming back around due to trading, Generation IV, and these community events.
- Most importantly, have fun, get some shinies, and hope for good network connections!