This is a no nonsense guide to the Pokemon GO June Community Day and includes everything you need to participate: perfect IVs, Slakoth search strings, Slaking Community Day move analysis (Body Slam) and everything else you need.
|Event||Slakoth Community Day|
|Date & Time||Globally June 8, 2019, from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. (local time)|
Slakoth Perfect IV CP Chart
If you catch a Slakoth with one of these CPs, be sure to IV check it, as it could be a 100% IV Slakoth. Be aware that these CP values can be found in other level and IV combinations, so there’s no guarantee that you actually caught a good Slakoth.
Yellow background marks levels which are available only if Slakoth is weather boosted and gray background marks levels which do not spawn in the wild. Slakoth is boosted by Partly Cloudy weather.
Slakoth search strings
100% Slakoth Search String
91%+ Slakoth search string
Trash Slakoth search string (safe to bulk select and transfer)
Slaking move analysis: Body Slam
|Damage||Energy Cost||Move Cooldown||Damage Window|
Slaking Community Day move is Body Slam Normal (3 bars, 50 damage per bar). Body Slam is not a great offensive move and Slaking is not in offense anyway, so there is no pressure to get an army of BS Slaking. Body Slam Slaking will only be useful as a trading item and in Gym Defense.
Body Slam only costs 33 Energy, which makes it a really scary move to be faced against if your opponent has a decently damaging Fast Move. Moreover, Slaking, like all other gym defenders, generates energy by simply taking damage (50% of HP lost goes to Energy). If you combine this with Body Slam’s low Enegy cost, it is possible that Slaking will build enough energy out of your charged move to cast another Body Slam back to back.
However, unlike the dreaded ZH / BS Snorlax, Slaking doesn’t have a damaging quick move, which makes its damage output mediocre at best. Even if Slaking manages to build up enough energy to do two Body Slams in a row, there is a chance you will dodge at least one of them and reduce Slaking’s damage output dramatically.
Let’s compare Body Slam with Slaking’s other charged moves:
- Play Rough is a two bar move, but it’s Fairy typing makes it better than Body Slam as it is super effective against Slacking’s strongest counters: Machamp and other Fighting types. Unlike Body Slam, it’s very unlikely that Slaking will build up enough energy to do two Play Roughs in a row.
- Earthquake and Hyper Beam are one bar moves and in most cases Slaking will fire them at most once, which gives the player ample time to prepare and dodge.
In Raids, Body Slam is a non factor as you shouldn’t bring a Normal type to a raid anyway. PvP is also out of the question as Yawn is the worst PvP move currently available and Body Slam deals too low damage to be worth using a shield on.
- Body Slam Slaking is not meta relevant and you don’t need to worry about him. Keep a few for trading and in case Slaking gets a damaging quick move, in which case this will be a great pairing
- June Community Day is going to be a relaxed zero pressure affair
- Hope for Partly Cloudy cloudy weather to avoid sunburns and get some weather boosted Slakoths
- Use this time to chill with your community, get some tanning going on if you’re in a sunny area, but stay safe at all times