Trainers, Niantic has announced that they will be taking submissions for locations around the world to host events in 2020. The official website for location submissions can be found here. Do you think your city has what it takes to host a Niantic Live Event in 2020? Here is all the info we have so far.
- Post your suggested city park to Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #NianticLive2020 explaining why you think it would make for a great event.
- Check out the #NianticLive2020 website first for a video from our Live Events team that spells out all of the criteria that goes into picking the perfect park (spoiler alert: it’s not as simple as some might think)
- Team up with other players in your city, or even with local officials (Parks Departments, Tourism Boards, Local Representatives) to submit an official nomination.
- There’s a form on the #NianticLive2020 website for those official and group submissions.
- Deadline for nominations is October 1, 2019.
- Submitting does not guarantee that Niantic will do an event in your fine city.
We at Go Hub feel this is a monumental step towards expanding large Pokémon GO events to other deserving cities (No offense to Chicago and Dortmund, you are both amazing cities). One of the major complaints being made about this year’s GO Fest in Chicago, as well as Dortmund, is, “Why there again? Why don’t other cities get a chance to host the Super Bowl of Pokémon GO?” Well, this is your chance to make that happen. Get out there, find parks that fit the criteria, and submit them. You never know, you may bring a Pokémon GO event to your city!