Trainers, a new XP mini event is live to celebrate the Lunar New Year, titled Pokémon GO Lunar New Year 2019! We can confirm that shiny Spoink is available in the wild. The event lasts from February 4th to February 13th 1:00 PM PST. This Event comes off the heels of the Hoenn Event, prior to another anticipated Valentine’s Day Event and is a great opportunity to stock up on rare Pokémon candy and Shiny Spoinks.
- 2x XP for catching and evolving Pokémon
- Rattata, Ekans, Mankey, Ponyta, Electabuzz, Dratini, Mareep, Miltank, Torchic, Poochyena, Spoink, and Buneary will appear more frequently in the wild!
- Increased chance of Pokémon from trades becoming lucky!
- New Field Research:
- Trade 10 Pokémon with a friend – rewards a Chimchar
New Shiny Pokémon: Spoink and Grumpig
|Normal Spoink and Grumpig||Shiny Spoink and Grumpig|
Pokémon with Increased Spawns
Fun fact: each of the 12 Pokemon with increased spawns represent an animal in the Chinese Zodiac!
We suggest your Priorities for this event should be the following:
- Maximize your XP Gain (if you need it) by catching Pokémon with a Lucky Egg. Don’t forget those Lucky Eggs! They will net you 4x experience per catch and evolution which is nothing to scoff at, especially if you’re not level 40 yet.
- Maximize your Lucky Pokémon count by performing as many trades as possible. Remember that Lucky Pokémon are extremely Stardust efficient: Lucky Pokémon mechanics in Pokémon GO.
- Shiny hunt! This time last year Shiny Poochyena was released and it was a highly sought Pokémon after the event. Use this time wisely and stock up on shiny Spoinks.
- Enjoy yourself – as with all limited time events, the bonuses don’t last long!
So get out there and get catching! Trainers, remember, this is a limited time event!