Coming this week in Pokémon GO, commencing 2nd January, we welcome the new year, and have the first Community Day of 2023!
New Year 2023 Event
- From Saturday December 31, 2022 at 8:00pm, to January 4, 2023 at 8:00pm local time.
- 1/2 hatch distance for any eggs incubated during the event
- 1/4 hatch distance for the first three eggs incubated during the event using the Pokémon GO Egg Widget*
During the Pokémon GO New Years 2023 event costumed versions of regular Pokémon will be appearing. Pikachu wearing a top party hat will make their debut, and you’ll be able to evolve your Hoothoot wearing a New Year’s Eve outfit into Noctowl for the first time.
Chepsin Community Day
Chespin will appear more frequently in the wild. Also, for the first time in Pokémon GO, you’ll be able to encounter Shiny Chespin—if you’re lucky!
GO Battle League Season 13
- GO Battle League: Mythical Wishes will start on Thursday, December 1, 2022, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT -8)
- End-of-Season rewards will be available on the battle screen.
- Your GO Battle League rank will be reset.
- Rank-up requirements will remain the same as the prior Season.
Dec 29-Jan 5
- 🟣 Master League*
- 🟡 Holiday Cup: Ultra League Edition*
Jan 5-Jan 12
- 🟣 Master League*
- 🟣 Master Premier Classic*
(*) 3x Stardust from win rewards (this does not include end of set rewards)
Tuesday 3rd January 6pm till 7pm local time we have Alolan Sandshrew as the featured Pokémon for spotlight hour, along with a 2× XP for evolving Pokémon.
Wednesday 4th January 6pm till 7pm local time Reshiram will be appearing in raids for raid hour.
January 2022 Research Breakthrough
Completing Field Research tasks leads to Research Breakthroughs, which now reward Trainers with different items in addition to encounters with a variety of Pokémon. Check out the Research Breakthrough rewards you can look forward to this Season!
- From December 1, 2022, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT -7) to March 1, 2022, at 1:00 p.m.
PDT (GMT -7)
- Complete Field Research tasks during the whole season to earn an encounter from a pool of Pokémon, including Galarian Mr. Mime, Delibird, Bagon, Furfrou, Deino and Goomy. For the first time, you are also to encounter shiny Galarian Mr. Mime if you are lucky!
From January 1 to January 10 Mega Steelix will appear in Mega Raids.
Five Star RaidsReshiram
From January 1 to January 10 Reshiram will appear in five-star raids. It will know the special move Fusion Flare during this time.
January Research Tasks
For a full list of January 2023 research tasks and rewards check back soon for a full article!
Season of Mythical Wishes
Season of Mythical Wishes Bonuses
- Increased damage for Pokémon participating in Raids remotely
- Trainers level 31+ receive a guaranteed 1 XL Candy for each trade
- All Trainers receive 1 additional Candy for each trade.
- Trainers can open 40 Gifts daily
- Trainers can send 125 Gifts daily
Different Pokémon will be appearing in the wild during the Season, including iconic Pokémon from all generations. As the Season changes, different Pokémon will be appearing in different areas across the world.
Beach & Water
Season of Mythical Wishes Eggs
The following Pokémon will be hatching from Eggs this Season.