Coming this week in Pokémon GO, commencing 9th January, we have the Twinkling Fantasy Event, and GO Battle Weekend: Steven Stone.
Twinkling Fantasy Event
From January 10 to January 16, 2023 from 8 A.M. to 10 P.M. local time, we have the first ever Twinkling Fantasy Event. Celebrating Fairy and Dragon types, Mega Salamence and shiny Dedenne will debut!
- From Tuesday, January 10, 2023 at 8:00am, to Monday January 16, 2023 at 10:00pm local time.
- 2x XP for catching Pokémon with successful nice, great and excellent throws during the event
- Additional candy for catching Pokémon with successful nice, great and excellent throws during the event
- Increased chance for trainers level 31 and above of XL Candy for catching Pokémon with successful nice, great and excellent throws during the event
GO Battle Weekend: Steven Stone
From January 14 to January 15, 2023, from 12 A.M. to 11:59 P.M. local time, GO Battle Weekend: Steven Stone takes place.
- 4x Stardust from win rewards. (This does not include the end-of-set rewards and will not stack with the 3x Stardust bonus from Master League rotation weeks.)
- The maximum number of sets you can play per day will be increased from five to 20 for a total of 100 battles from 12:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. local time.
Timed Research focused on battling will be available for the whole weekend!
- Great League
- Ultra League
- Master League
GO Battle League Season 13
- GO Battle League: Mythical Wishes will start on Thursday, December 1, 2022, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT -8)
- End-of-Season rewards will be available on the battle screen.
- Your GO Battle League rank will be reset.
- Rank-up requirements will remain the same as the prior Season.
Jan 5-Jan 12
- 🟣 Master League*
- 🟣 Master Premier Classic*
(*) 3x Stardust from win rewards (this does not include end of set rewards)
Jan 12-Jan 19
- 🔵 Great League
- 🟡 Ultra League
- 🟣 Master League
Tuesday 10th January 6pm till 7pm local time we have Swirlix as the featured Pokémon for spotlight hour, along with a 2× stardust for catching Pokémon.
Wednesday 11th January 6pm till 7pm local time Zekrom will be appearing in raids for raid hour.
January 2022 Research Breakthrough
Completing Field Research tasks leads to Research Breakthroughs, which now reward Trainers with different items in addition to encounters with a variety of Pokémon. Check out the Research Breakthrough rewards you can look forward to this Season!
- From December 1, 2022, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT -7) to March 1, 2022, at 1:00 p.m.
PDT (GMT -7)
- Complete Field Research tasks during the whole season to earn an encounter from a pool of Pokémon, including Galarian Mr. Mime, Delibird, Bagon, Furfrou, Deino and Goomy. For the first time, you are also to encounter shiny Galarian Mr. Mime if you are lucky!
From January 1 to January 10 Mega Steelix will appear in Mega Raids.Salamence (Mega)
From January 10 to January 18 Mega Pokémon will make their debut in Mega Raids.
Five Star RaidsReshiram
From January 1 to January 10 Reshiram will appear in five-star raids. It will know the special move Fusion Flare during this time.Zekrom
From January 10 to January 18 Zekrom will appear in five-star raids.
January Research Tasks
For a full list of January 2023 research tasks and rewards check out our article here.
Season of Mythical Wishes
Season of Mythical Wishes Bonuses
- Increased damage for Pokémon participating in Raids remotely
- Trainers level 31+ receive a guaranteed 1 XL Candy for each trade
- All Trainers receive 1 additional Candy for each trade.
- Trainers can open 40 Gifts daily
- Trainers can send 125 Gifts daily
Different Pokémon will be appearing in the wild during the Season, including iconic Pokémon from all generations. As the Season changes, different Pokémon will be appearing in different areas across the world.
Beach & Water
Season of Mythical Wishes Eggs
The following Pokémon will be hatching from Eggs this Season.