Ultra Unlock Part 2 is a special Pokémon GO event that runs from August 6 to August 20, 2021 (8 PM local time).
Palkia is appearing in five-star raids, Heracross is available globally as a raid boss for the first time, and Heatmor and Durant are appearing in the wild. Lucky Trainers can encounter a shiny Heracross or a shiny Palkia during the event.
Do read our A PvP Analysis on Ultra Unlock Part II for a more Trainer Battles focused overview of the event.
Ultra Unlock Part 2 Features
Increased Wild Spawns
During the Part 2 of Ultra Unlock, the following Pokémon are appearing more frequently in the wild:
Regional Pokémon in 7km Eggs
Some of these Pokémon are also available in event-themed 7km Eggs. These Eggs will be available only during the Ultra Unlock Part 2.
The following regional-exclusive Pokémon will be hatching from 7 km Eggs: West Sea and East Sea Shellos, Red-Striped and Blue-Striped Basculin, Heatmor, and Durant.
Ultra Unlock Part 2 Raids
As already, mentioned, Palkia and worldwide Heracross raids are the stars of this event. Here’s the complete list of raid bosses that are available during the event.
- One-star raids: Unown U, Shellos East and West, Elgyem, Espurr
- Three-star raids: Alakazam, Kangaskhan, Heracross
- Five-star raids: Palkia
- Mega Raids: Mega Ampharos
One Star Raids
Unown U, West Sea and East Sea Shellos, Elgyem, and Espurr will be appearing in one-star raids. If you’re lucky, you might find a Shiny Unown U!
Three Star Raids
Alakazam, Kangaskhan, and Heracross will be appearing in three-star raids. If you’re lucky, you might find a Shiny Kangaskhan or a Shiny Heracross!
This is a great opportunity to add two regional exclusives to your collection, and Shiny Heracross in particular is fantastic.
Note: Niantic removed Heracross from the wild when it started appearing in raids. We’ve confirmed with Niantic that this is intentional and Heracross will return to the wild after the Ultra Unlock Part 2 event ends.
Five Star Raids
Palkia will be appearing in five-star raids. If you’re lucky, you might find a Shiny Palkia!
Mega Ampharos is available in Mega Raids
Ultra Unlock Part 2 Field Research
The event-exclusive Field Research tasks are not as exciting as we would want, but shiny Lunatone and Solrock are available for those who don’t have them yet.
- Catch 15 Pokémon: Staryu (s)
- Make 5 Curveball Throws: Lunatone (s), Solrock (s)
- Make 7 Great Curveball Throws: Shellos-East, Shellos-West
- Transfer 5 Pokémon: 2 Pinap Berries
- Spin 10 PokéStops or Gyms: 10 Poké Balls
Ultra Unlock Part 2 Timed Research
Ultra Unlock Part 2 Timed Research is available from Friday, August 6, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Tuesday, August 17, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time.
Tasks and Rewards
- Catch 10 Pokémon: Munna
- Make 5 Nice Throws: Clefairy (s)
- Transfer 5 Pokémon: 7 Nanab Berries
- Stage rewards: 10 PokeBalls, 484 XP, 5 Ultra Balls
- Catch 10 Pokémon: 8 Razz Berries
- Use 5 Razz Berries to help catch Pokémon: Lunatone (s)
- Use 5 Nanab Berries to help catch Pokémon: Solrock (s)
- Stage Rewards: 10 Pinap Berries, 484 XP, 5 Ultra Balls
- Catch 10 Pokémon: Gastly (s)
- Make 5 Great throws: Duskull (s)
- Make 5 Nice Throws in a row: Shuppet (s)
- Stage rewards: 15 PokeBalls, 484 XP, 5 Ultra Balls
- Catch 15 Pokémon: 6 Pinap Berries
- Make 7 Great Curveball Throws: Shellos-East
- Make 7 Nice Curveball Throws in a row: Shellos-West
- Stage rewards: 12 Razz Berries, 484 XP, 5 Ultra Balls
- Catch 6 Psychic-type Pokémon: Elgyem
- Win a Raid: Espurr
- Make 2 Excellent Throws: 1 Silver Pinap Berry
- Stage rewards: 20 PokeBalls, 3,000 Stardust, 5 Ultra Balls