Coming this week in Pokémon GO, commencing 5th September, we have the Psychic Spectacular event, Deoxys Raid Day, Clefairy Commotion and more! We’re currently in the Season of Light in Pokémon GO.
Trainers should be aware that event spawns will take over regular seasonal spawns for the duration of the event.
You can find the full list of September Field Research Tasks and Rewards (2022) in a separate article.
Psychic Spectacular Event
From September 6 – September 12, 2022, from 10 A.M. to 8 P.M. local time the Psychic Spectacular event returns!
- Tuesday, September 6, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. to Monday, September 12, 2022, at 8:00 p.m. local time.
- Alakazam evolved or caught during the event will know the Charged Attack Psychic
- Mega Alakazam makes its Pokémon GO debut in Five-Star raids
- Shiny Elgyem makes its Pokémon GO debut in Wild encounters, Field and Timed Research
- Event Exclusive Field and Timed Research will be available, featuring multiple encounters with Elgyem
- Unown letters E, P and S in One-Star Raids, not shiny eligible
- Deoxys Raid Day on Sunday, September 11, 2022, from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time
Clefairy Commotion EventClefairy
During all three hours of the Clefairy Commotion event, you can encounter increased spawns of Clefairy in the wild.
Deoxys Raid Day
As part of the Psychic Spectacular event, we’re holding a special Raid Day to celebrate the Mythical Pokémon Deoxys! Deoxys will be appearing in Five-Star Raids in all of its forms-and if you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny one!
- All forms of Deoxys appearing more frequently in raids
- Earn up to five additional daily Raid Passes by spinning Gyms
- An increased chance of encountering Shiny Deoxys
GO Battle League Season 12
Full details here: GO Battle League Season 12: Season of Light
- GO Battle League: Season of Light will start on Thursday, September 1, 2022, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT -7)
- End-of-Season rewards will be available on the battle screen.
- Your GO Battle League rank will be reset.
- Rank-up requirements will remain the same as the prior Season.
Sep 1-Sep 8
- 🔵 Great League
- 🎋 Little Jungle Cup Remix
Sep 8-Sep 15
- 🔵 Great League
- 🔮 Psychic Cup
Tuesday 6th September 6pm till 7pm local time we have Munna as the featured Pokémon for spotlight hour, along with a 2x Stardust for catching Pokémon.
Wednesday 7th September 6pm till 7pm local time Normal Deoxys, Attack Deoxys, Defense Deoxys and Speed Deoxys will be appearing in 5-star raids for raid hour.
September 2022 Research Breakthrough
During the month of September, Medicham will be available as a Research Breakthrough reward encounter! In addition, Trainers will receive 1 Premium Raid Pass for every completed Research Breakthrough during the month.
From September 1, 2022, to Tuesday, September 6, 2022 Mega Ampharos will be appearing in Mega Raids.
From Tuesday, September 6, 2022, to Friday, September 16, 2022 Mega Alakazam will be appearing in Mega Raids.
Five Star Raids
From September 1, 2022 to September 13, 2022, all forms of Deoxys will be appearing in 5 star raids.
September Research Tasks
For a full list of September 2022 research tasks and rewards check out our article here.
Season of Light Special Research
Full guide here: A Cosmic Companion Special Research (Season of Light)
Season of Light Special Research is available to claim from Thursday, September 1, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. to Thursday, December 1, 2022, at 9:59 a.m. local time. New parts of the Special Research will unlock over the course of the Season, so be sure to follow along!
Save Shadow Latios!
Giovanni doesn’t do anything half way! After trainers around the world saved Shadow Latias, the Team GO Rocket Boss has managed to get his hands on a Shadow Latios. It needs your help! Get ready to face off against Giovanni and save Shadow Latios.
Season of Light
Season of Light Bonuses
- From September 1, 2022, 10:00 AM - December 1, 2022, 10:00 AM
- Cosmog, the Legendary Nebula Pokémon, debuts in Pokémon GO
- Season long Special Research featuring Cosmog, with a new chapter releasing every month
- Increased damage for Pokémon participating in Raids remotely
- Guaranteed Gifts from PokéStop spins
- Increased Incense effectiveness while moving
- Up to two free Raid Passes per day by spinning Gym Photo Discs
- Additional items from Research Breakthroughs
- Increased Stardust reward for Research Breakthroughs
- Increased Stardust from Gifts
- Cosmog Hat avatar item available in the in-game shop
- Season-themed stickers available from Gifts, PokéStops and the in-game shop
Different Pokémon will be appearing in the wild during the Season, including iconic Pokémon from all generations. As the Season changes, different Pokémon will be appearing in different areas across the world.
Beach & Water
Season of Light Eggs
The following Pokémon will be hatching from Eggs this Season.